Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Login Login
The World of Goo Boards « goos on tv last night! »

The World of Goo Boards
   Goo Goo Dolls
   Goo Goo Dolls
(Moderators: Shannon, Adela)
   goos on tv last night!
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: goos on tv last night!  (Read 829 times)
crazygirl_412
Goo God

View Profile WWW Email

goos on tv last night!
« on: Jan 12th, 2005, 12:59pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

sorry im so late in posting this, i myself caught it at the very last minute. anyway when i got home from work last night, i was flipping through the channels when all of a sudden i see the USJ record/DVD on tv! i freaked out and tried to get my tape in there asap, but was too late. anyway on the buffalo news channel (we get it here too) they had a whole little thing about the goos! Smiley they were talking about the DVD and the concert..they had a clip of robby on the phone...i only caught the last 30-35 seconds of it though. if it helps at all it was channel four news i think its called??
« Last Edit: Jan 12th, 2005, 1:03pm by crazygirl_412 » IP Logged

₪-₪ Åмάŋđä ₪-₪

crazygirl_412
Goo God

View Profile WWW Email

Re: goos on tv last night!
« Reply #1 on: Jan 12th, 2005, 1:02pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

here's a little thing i found on the news site.  

http://www.wgrz.com/news/news_article.aspx?storyid=25743

Goo Goo Dolls Single Hits No. 1 On Billboard Chart

Posted by:  Aaron Saykin, Reporter    
Created: 1/11/2005 10:31:16 PM
Updated: 1/12/2005 5:55:55 AM

E-mail This Article  
   Printable Version  

The Goo Goo Dolls liked to refer to their rain-soaked concert outside Buffalo City Hall last July 4th as the "monsoon show."

That would turn out to be a fitting name because a song they recorded last nights seems to be taking the country by storm.

The song, "Give a Little Bit," is a remake of the Supertramp 1977 hit. It's spent the last two weeks in the No. 1 spot on the Billboard Chart for Adult Music.

"I'm just amazed any time anybody attaches the word 'adult' to my name," joked bassist Robby Takac.

The single and video are especially important to Western New York. It was recorded live in their hometown of Buffalo.

"When I lived in Honolulu, people would ask me where I'm from and I'd say 'Buffalo, New York,' and they'd say that's where the Goo Goo Dolls are from," said Elissa Pickard, a local fan.

Their album has been a top seller in nearly every local music store.

"Sometimes people will come in and ask us where one of them lives or something," said Eric Kendall of New World Records.

"It's great," Takac said. "It's a bit of a surprise for us. We've had No. 1 songs in the past, but nothing's ever clicked this fast."

Even Western New Yorkers who don't like their music admire the Goo Goo Dolls for something else.

"They're ambassadors to Buffalo, I guess," said Bill Cleary of Buffalo.

Takac agrees.

"The reason things have always worked for us is that we stayed true to the people who care about us," Takac said. "The people who know you best."

IP Logged

₪-₪ Åмάŋđä ₪-₪

Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Off Topic Board

Goo Goo Dolls Board

If you need to email...[email protected] or [email protected]
Attachments are never sent out with these email addresses.

The World of Goo Boards » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

[MFC]