Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Login Login
The World of Goo Boards « Re: Very Important WARNING For FANS! NYE REVIEWS »

The World of Goo Boards
   Goo Goo Dolls
   Goo Goo Dolls
(Moderators: Shannon, Adela)
   Re: Very Important WARNING For FANS! NYE REVIEWS
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Re: Very Important WARNING For FANS! NYE REVIEWS  (Read 1964 times)
True2Goo
Goo God

View Profile

« on: Jan 10th, 2005, 5:27pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Oh pulleeasse!! I'm sure those reviews were copied and pasted by posters on that board and NOT by the mod. why did you only feel the need to post about this here? Those reviews are mostly from other boards. You joined this board just to post this  :kookoo: ok bye now   :shakehead:
IP Logged

"You're not out to impress anyone. If you set goals to impress others than you can never truely make yourself happy." ~ John Rzeznik
SunShowerSharon
Goo God

sharon_scinta   NEWYORKSHARONN
View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #1 on: Jan 10th, 2005, 8:59pm »

Hey I filed a complaint, thanks for the links.
I did not authorize my review or my sign on name to  
be used as if it was me. The moderater must know that the same eithernet address is registering under our names. That is fraud and that is not acceptable!

Sharon
IP Logged

“It’s better to regret something you DID than to regret something you DIDN'T do”

Billy Joe Armstrong ~ Green Day
american_girl
I'm Addicted

rzezniksrose
View Profile WWW

« Reply #2 on: Jan 11th, 2005, 12:22pm »

first of all...  
the owner/moderator of that board is NOT the person who posted those reviews there, and she is investigating ISPs to find out who did...
she posted about it in her "posting problems" thread
she has locked tht section of the board until she figures out what's going on...  
I don't understand why people can't just post here, there and anywhere they see fit without trying to constantly cause turmoil between all the boards, this isn't the first time and won't be the last, but it's gettig old...

and oh yeah... kikimartin:

strange that you came over here and posted word for word what Delia posted on absolutegoo yesterday trying to start shit over there too, but they deleted that post almost as fast as it was made ...

heh.
IP Logged

lagoober12
Naked

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile

« Reply #3 on: Jan 11th, 2005, 2:48pm »

american_girl, how are you so sure the mod is not the person who posted those reviews there and she is investigating? no duh!! the mod was going to say that. I read the post on Absolute Goo by ag she said ATLANTAGOO, Char, had problems because her review was lifted off AG board and posted the other board. Anyone can post here, there and anywhere they see fit without trying to cause turmoil with all the boards, you are right but lifting other people posts and using there names is just plain weird and wrong. It seems like the people like Atlantagoo, SunShowerSharon, Lyvania and so on have a right to be angry :dunno:don't ya think :dunno:

american_girl,  if it was your review and pics? would you care? :dunno:
jmho Smiley
IP Logged
GingerbreadCoffin

Email

« Reply #4 on: Jan 11th, 2005, 2:53pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

this is the internet. unless you copyright something it's fair game.  

welcome to the world wide web! LOL
IP Logged
american_girl
I'm Addicted

rzezniksrose
View Profile WWW

« Reply #5 on: Jan 11th, 2005, 3:12pm »

I suppose if you had read my post on Anything For Goo you would know that I do indeed care, and that I don't think it's right...  but it is also NOT right for this person to come out of nowhere and accuse May of stealing those reviews to get traffic on her board.. that is CRAP... there is plenty of traffic over there... unfortunately at this time you don't have to register there to post there, so it could have been anyone... I'm not saying that things weren't taken from AG and posted there... it also happens here... but it does NOT mean that the moderator of that board is the one who did it... that is an unjust accusation...  

the post on AG is the second thread regarding this, the first one was removed yesterday and it included the reply which started this thread only by a poster of another name...

so the **warning** that we are now replying to here by kikimartin was originally posted at AG by Delia, and no one is questioning that...  

I copyright my pictures and don't post reviews except where I see fit for this reason...  
if people would be so kind as to include where they originally found said reviews if they are not their own and give photo credits it would be nice, but that doesn't always happen....

but it doesn't make the board owner responsible for tracking down where shit comes from either... if people would stop trolling around and pick a screen name and stick with it, we'd have less of these problems, but that is not going to happen anytime soon... what is going to happen eventually is that all these boards will be either password protected or just made private... and then how much fun will anyone have?

if people would just act like adults and respect the writing, art and photos of others by at least acknowleding them, the Goo world would be a happier less stressful place....
/rant
IP Logged

True2Goo
Goo God

View Profile

« Reply #6 on: Jan 11th, 2005, 4:35pm »

I also agree that those peeps have a right to be upset because their reviews were copied and pasted there, but American Girl  is soooo right! Don't accuse the Mod for shit that YOU have no proof of! That's just plain WRONG!  :wtf:
IP Logged

"You're not out to impress anyone. If you set goals to impress others than you can never truely make yourself happy." ~ John Rzeznik
JaniGoo

Email

« Reply #7 on: Jan 11th, 2005, 9:32pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

on Jan 11th, 2005, 4:35pm, True2Goo wrote:
I also agree that those peeps have a right to be upset because their reviews were copied and pasted there, but American Girl  is soooo right! Don't accuse the Mod for shit that YOU have no proof of! That's just plain WRONG!  :wtf:

Yuppers!  Right on my Goo Buddy! The mod had nothing to do w/it! And I also agree w/AG, that if more people would register w/ the same name.... this wouldn't happen! :thumbsup:
« Last Edit: Jan 11th, 2005, 9:36pm by JaniGoo » IP Logged
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Off Topic Board

Goo Goo Dolls Board

If you need to email...[email protected] or [email protected]
Attachments are never sent out with these email addresses.

The World of Goo Boards » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

[MFC]