Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Login Login
The World of Goo Boards « Birthday threads »

The World of Goo Boards
   Goo Goo Dolls
   Goo Goo Dolls
(Moderators: Shannon, Adela)
   Birthday threads
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1 2  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Birthday threads  (Read 2936 times)
Mindless Marinara
Goo God

"He's an EOB"- KT

View Profile

Birthday threads
« on: Jan 6th, 2005, 5:24pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

This has to be one of the hardest things I have ever done, but for my own sanity, I can no longer do the birthday threads.  In the beginning of Dec. the band that most of you guys know I follow, Averi,  asked me to take over and run their rep program.  It was a task I happily took over, however, it's a lot of work, and right now it's my priority.  I was going to try to do everything- and then last Sun my computer crashed, and I was without the internet for a few days, in that time I had a chance to reflect a bit, and I realized that trying to keep track and not forget to post any birthdays here is just too much for me right now.

I am more than willing to give someone else the info to carry the torch (I know Josie told me a while ago she could help out), and I am hoping that the mods would be okay with this, and if not if they would just let me know.

Again, it pains me to make this post, but something needed to give somewhere, and I know deep down, it was going to be this in one way or another (ie. me announcing I was going to give it up or me forgetting to do a lot of the posts).

Holly
IP Logged

ctgoofan
I'm Addicted

View Profile

Re: Birthday threads
« Reply #1 on: Jan 6th, 2005, 5:27pm »

Hey! Thank You for doing it this long. I know you made my birthday a great one for at least 3 years. Good Luck!
IP Logged

"I always wanted way too much anyway."
John Rzeznik

AnGeLsFaLL
Goo God

Woah, I can't believe I believed it this time...

View Profile

« Reply #2 on: Jan 6th, 2005, 5:35pm »

If Josie can't do it...I think I could..I know it's a lotta work..and I'm busy with work and school a lot..but I know how much those posts mean to everyone! I've enjoyed my birthday thread also for 2 years..goin on three in march! and I can't tell you how great they made me feel! I even printed 'em out and still have 'em! lol..But yeah..if you can't find someone else..I'd be happy to take it over..Good luck with your thing with Averi! Sounds like the opportunity of a lifetime! And again..thanks for all the b-day threads..you've brightened everybody's special day over and over! Kiss
IP Logged

Me 2 Greg: Can I get your autograph?
Greg: Myne?
Me: Um Yeah!
Mike: Oh so you don't want MY autograph?!
Me: OMG YES I DO!
-8-22-03-I didn't even see him there!

True2Goo
Goo God

View Profile

« Reply #3 on: Jan 6th, 2005, 5:39pm »

:claps: That's great that your working for Averi, They ROCK and so do you!!! Thanks bunches for all the b-day threads  :grouphug:
IP Logged

"You're not out to impress anyone. If you set goals to impress others than you can never truely make yourself happy." ~ John Rzeznik
ShanGooFan
Goo God

Goo Goo Dolls Rock!

View Profile

« Reply #4 on: Jan 6th, 2005, 6:32pm »

Hey Holly, thanks for all the birthday threads. I too have enjoyed mine the last couple of years. I could help do them too. I'm home with my kids so I'm online on and off all day long. Let me know... I guess it's up to nr599 huh? Best of luck to you with Averi.
IP Logged

~Shannon~

"Music means to me.. ah...breathing. It's a heartbeat, it's rythm and it's passion. It's therapy. It's .... breathing". ~Keith Urban~

GlitteringGoo
Goo God

glittergoldjem
View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #5 on: Jan 6th, 2005, 9:15pm »

Don't feel bad, you did it for so long and brought such happiness to all of us so it's time to pass the tourch. I'm sure someone will fill in for you. Thank you so much for doing it! It always put a smile on my face every year! Kiss Grin
IP Logged

www.myspace.com/starontherisexoxo
www.twitter.com/glitteringgoo
www.facebook.com/BULoveIt07 (I may not come up so just PM me and we can find each other lol)
rzezniksangel
Goo God

rzezniksangel
View Profile

« Reply #6 on: Jan 6th, 2005, 10:04pm »

Holly, thank you for all of your hard work putting those birthday threads together!!  There are a lot of us who looked forward to reading the greetings from our GOOd friends when those were posted.  I'm sure someone will be able to carry the torch for you!  

Best of luck with Averi, that's awesome news!!
IP Logged
Mindless Marinara
Goo God

"He's an EOB"- KT

View Profile

« Reply #7 on: Jan 7th, 2005, 12:19am »

Thanks guys..it definetly helps- be on the look out for Averi- I know 2005 will be their year.  In 1993 I fell in love with the Goos, and of course I still love them to this day- but in 2003 they brought Averi to me- I haven't found a band that touched me this much since the Goos did in 1993- it's only a matter of time for them to become national- I believe in them like I believed in the Goos and they did it.
IP Logged

Saz_Goo
Goo God

If I could paint in harmony... :D

View Profile WWW

« Reply #8 on: Jan 7th, 2005, 5:36am »

I'm glad you're enjoying yourself with the stuff for Averi! Don't feel bad that your priorities have changed, we've all appreciated the birthday threads, it's lovely to have your birthday acknowledged on the board! If people can carry it on that's great, you've been great with posting them all! I hope 2005 is the year Averi get big - I'll keep my eyes and ears peeled for them in the Uk soon!! :thumbsup:
IP Logged

Visit here to see all my animations --->http://www.sarahhale.co.uk

"Went to sleep at home and woke up in a shed..." ~ Out Of The Red
Dances with Goo

Email

« Reply #9 on: Jan 7th, 2005, 6:56am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

Hey Holly...

Don't feel bad. You did a wonderful job making sure everyone's birthdays were posted. You took the task seriously and missed very few birthdays in all that time. People appreciated all your organization and diligence.
I hope your work for Averi is fun and fulfilling.  
Wishing you all the best.

Good job!  
IP Logged
Pages: 1 2  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Off Topic Board

Goo Goo Dolls Board

If you need to email...[email protected] or [email protected]
Attachments are never sent out with these email addresses.

The World of Goo Boards » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

[MFC]