Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Login Login
The World of Goo Boards « Wow - this is different... »

The World of Goo Boards
   Goo Goo Dolls
   Goo Goo Dolls
(Moderators: Shannon, Adela)
   Wow - this is different...
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1 2 3  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Wow - this is different...  (Read 4509 times)
UrbanAndGooFan
Up, Up, Up

~*Chrissy*~

bluekoala89
View Profile Email

Re: Wow - this is different...
« Reply #20 on: Jan 16th, 2005, 7:49pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

RogueUK, You can buy older albums online at Amazon.com usually for a lot less expensive, or if you have a Media Play by you they can usually order stuff if you find the AISN number (i think thats what its called). And I think Amazon usually lists the AISN number.

I hope this helps Smiley
IP Logged

-*Someday baby you and I are gonna be the ones and good luck's gonna shine, Someday baby you and I are gonna be the ones so hold on we're headed for a better life*-

-*When you're lookin' for truth on the cover of a magazine, how does it feel? When you found out what you're not gonna be, oh yeah*-
blessed_by_goo
Goo God

THE HOLY O movin thru my soul likea hurricane wind

View Profile

« Reply #21 on: Jan 16th, 2005, 11:03pm »

Has anyone ever gone to Winmix? I know it's shared files, but worth it if your lookin for those hard to find songs. I've had goodluck with them. Just a thought Wink
IP Logged

Your luv is like a storm, I chase across the sky~

Lea
Goo God

RogueUK

Lea32R
View Profile Email

« Reply #22 on: Jan 17th, 2005, 10:23am »

on Jan 16th, 2005, 7:49pm, UrbanAndGooFan wrote:
RogueUK, You can buy older albums online at Amazon.com usually for a lot less expensive, or if you have a Media Play by you they can usually order stuff if you find the AISN number (i think thats what its called). And I think Amazon usually lists the AISN number.

I hope this helps Smiley

Well thanks for the tip UrbanAndGooFan, but I'm pretty sure Amazon only accepts credit cards, and not debit cards like Switch (I think in the US it's called a Maestro card...) Meh. I don't have a credit card, and I don't know anyone who's stupid enough to let me use theirs!  Sad

New siggy? Heh, when did ya do that? It's pretty funky, even better than the last one  Wink
IP Logged

Julie
I'm Addicted

John Rzeznik rocks my world!

View Profile Email

« Reply #23 on: Jan 19th, 2005, 1:51pm »

I love Hold Me Up and think it's a brilliant album.  It's true what John said about it being their first "real" album as it's a big step away from Jed.  I really love "Two Days in February."  It's an amazing song, especially live, as are all Goo songs.  Grin
IP Logged

"Scars are souvenirs you never lose, the past is never far." ~ JR
nmf016
Thread Killer
Goo God

Slashephant

blurb900
View Profile

« Reply #24 on: Jan 19th, 2005, 2:18pm »

Wow, how did I skip over this thread?

Hold Me Up is my favorite Goo record.  I can't really explain it, it just is.  I probably wouldn't name any of the songs on it as my favorite, but the album as a whole piece is incredible.  I got HMU after owning DUTG and ABNG and didn't really like it at fist, but it really grew on me.

I was actually thinking about the whole 'sell out' thing the other day.  And I wish someone who said the 'sold out' would specify when/where the Goos sold out.  To me DUTG is more similar to SSCW than to ABNG and ABNG is more like HMU.  And no one was saying HMU and SSCW were 'selling out' records.  Anyways, what I'm trying to say is that there is a definite progression in the records that some critics just won't let themselves believe.  I actually think the transition from Jed to HMU is the most drastic transition the Goos have taken.

And... whoever liked Slaughterhouse and wanted to hear it live, there are a bunch of pre 93 bootlegs floating around with it.  Robby calls it the 'slow song'.

And... whoever said the beginning of Sex Maggot sounds like Greenday, you're not crazy.  I've always heard it too. (But actually, the Greenday song technically sounds like the Goo song, because Sex Maggot was recorded waaay before the Greenday song)
IP Logged
blessed_by_goo
Goo God

THE HOLY O movin thru my soul likea hurricane wind

View Profile

« Reply #25 on: Jan 20th, 2005, 2:04pm »

LOL  ..... yeah what she said!!! I'm crackin up right now, it never occured to me how crazy that all looks until you wrote it together like that. All the lettered out titles. If we didn't know what you were talkin about someone could think you were losin your noodle...lol Grin
IP Logged

Your luv is like a storm, I chase across the sky~

HolliGooPez

Email

« Reply #26 on: Jan 20th, 2005, 7:05pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

on Jan 6th, 2005, 1:35am, UpYours wrote:
I love listening to the old live tracks from the old EPs and stuff, especially stuff like You Know What I Mean and Just The Way You Are, when John used to sing like he was drunk and depressed.  

You Know What I Mean is may favorite off of HMU!
IP Logged
Pon
Goo God

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

ai3oynamedgoo
View Profile

« Reply #27 on: Jan 21st, 2005, 11:18pm »

yeah

I came in during aboynamedgoo stage, so it wasn't really a big deal to me. Actually, after aboynamedgoo and superstarcarwash, I bought Jed and I was like WTF!!! It was mostly Robby and very crazy. When I heard HOLDMeUp, it wasn't bad and I loved that CD to death.  

What really shock me was the transition from aboynamedgoo to dizzyupthegirl. I though they sounded more like matchbox 20 and I was really upset. After many years, oddly, I find that dizzyupthegirl is probably their best album and i listen to the songs on their just as much as any other albums. I hated "slide" but I listen to that song more than any other goo song. ODD!
IP Logged
Lea
Goo God

RogueUK

Lea32R
View Profile Email

« Reply #28 on: Jan 22nd, 2005, 5:32am »

Ah nmf016, the whole 'sell out' thing is just something critics say when they have no real, relevant criticism to offer  Wink

Seriously though, that term ceased to have any meaning a long time ago, because now it's just used indiscriminately and completely out of context, as in the case of the Goos. It's like you said...where exactly are they supposed to have 'sold out'? Any time a band experiences success, they get slapped with the 'sellout' label...even if they've been struggling at the whole music business thing for years before they got even the slightest hint of commerical success...again, as in the case of The Goos. I don't know what prompts critics to make such ridiculous comments. Could it be something to do with the fact that, while the Goos are out there doing what they love and doing damn well at it too, the critic is stuck there sitting on his butt writing a review?!  Wink  

Heh, Pon...I love the Robby-Craziness of Jed. Without Robby and his craziness, my life would be meaningless!

And I LIKE Matchbox 20, heh. It seems to me though...and this is just idle wondering here...but from the things I've read, it seems to me that Robby doesn't really like the 'Dizzy' album. I mean I've read things where he'll say "We sounded like other people thought we should sound on that record" and there was another quote which was something like "Someone ripped the balls off that record..." (His words, guys, not mine!)
IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Off Topic Board

Goo Goo Dolls Board

If you need to email...[email protected] or [email protected]
Attachments are never sent out with these email addresses.

The World of Goo Boards » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

[MFC]