Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Login Login
The World of Goo Boards « Vocals »

The World of Goo Boards
   Goo Goo Dolls
   Goo Goo Dolls
(Moderators: Shannon, Adela)
   Vocals
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1 2 3  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Vocals  (Read 4822 times)
Lea
Goo God

RogueUK

Lea32R
View Profile Email

Re: Vocals
« Reply #20 on: Jan 11th, 2005, 8:10am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

on Jan 10th, 2005, 2:27am, UpYours wrote:
James Dean - This cracks me up.  The way John chokes on laughter and also the way he almost manages to deliver the lines with some seriousness crack me up.

Eyes Wide Open - "I'm a fortunate son of a fortunate son, livin' large on the wrong side of town..."  The whole first verse is awesome.  Also, "I get what I want if I make up my mind".

I totally know what you mean about James Dean, it's the best. It's hilarious but at the same time it's kinda sad if you think about the lyrics! Reminds me of that Robby quote *paraphrases* "We've been singing these songs that sound really happy for years, but if you listen, the words are all like 'my brains are falling out, somebody please pull me together!'"

But I love when John gets to the bit where he sings "...the actors and the movie stars..." and then he nearly cracks up. I just imagine all the guys sitting in a studio trying not to laugh, and failing...and then I start laughing  Cheesy It always cheers me up Smiley

And I love, LOVE Eyes Wide Open. I know people like that, I really do. I always liked the way he sings "Kick it all down" with such feeling Smiley

on Jan 10th, 2005, 2:27am, UpYours wrote:

January Friend (Live) - I love how he rushes these songs live.  Especially right before the solo when he loses his breath.  It seems sloppy to some, but I love the rough style of his vocals.

Hmm, I recently heard there was a weird story behind January Friend which confused me...meh.

The 'rough style of his vocals' rocks! I don't get the way people are always ragging on Robby's way of doing things  Undecided My ex (who was, of couse, exposed to copious amounts of GGD throughout the course of our relationship) used to always say "they'd be much better if they got rid of THAT guy" whenever one of Robby's songs came on...grrr  Angry

I always thought that the fact that there was such a contrast between Johnny's vocals and Robby's vocals was a really positive thing, it's one of the best things about the band in my opinion. I mean, who wants Robby to sound like Johnny? Or vice versa? I LIKE the fact that there is variety!
IP Logged

UpYours
Dizzy

The Normal

View Profile

Re: Vocals
« Reply #21 on: Jan 11th, 2005, 9:43am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Also:

Already There - Love the way it flows.
Drowning - "Blind my enemies!  Drown my enemies! What's inside of me?"

I'll find more.
IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Off Topic Board

Goo Goo Dolls Board

If you need to email...[email protected] or [email protected]
Attachments are never sent out with these email addresses.

The World of Goo Boards » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

[MFC]