Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Login Login
The World of Goo Boards « Youtube is nice (sometimes) »

The World of Goo Boards
   Off Topic Board
   Off Topic Board
(Moderators: Shannon, Adela)
   Youtube is nice (sometimes)
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Youtube is nice (sometimes)  (Read 1050 times)
lionhill
I'm Addicted

View Profile

Youtube is nice (sometimes)
« on: Mar 19th, 2008, 4:44pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

I don't think this has been posted before. I've been wrong about that kind of stuff before, though, so please forgive me if it's a repost.  
Saw his cover of Fast Car was posted.  

I don't really lurk much around at youtube, and when I do I know what to look for (Goo, anyone?). I usually also hate this kind of thing, but. Wow. Just wow. (I chose Flat Top because it's one of my all time favourites, but he's got a whole damned "gallery" too of Goo songs) Really really impressive.

.. and in case I fail, I will post some screen-caps from old Goo vids, because then no-one will notice, right?

I wish I was a fan back then. Man.
IP Logged

nmf016
Thread Killer
Goo God

Slashephant

blurb900
View Profile

Re: Youtube is nice (sometimes)
« Reply #1 on: Mar 19th, 2008, 6:25pm »

Damn.  I usually hate covers, especially the 'alone in your bedroom' types, and generally don't watch/listen to them, but I was bored... I thought he was very very good and you can tell he's actually a fan, not just someone playing the songs he hears on the radio.

In other Youtube news, I attempted to upload a video today because Youtube wasn't working for me a couple weeks ago.  I just picked some random thing on my computer and it rejected the video for copyright violation.  I didn't even know Youtube had enacted a content filter, but apparently it works.  Undecided

IP Logged
lionhill
I'm Addicted

View Profile

« Reply #2 on: Mar 19th, 2008, 6:50pm »

on Mar 19th, 2008, 6:25pm, nmf016 wrote:

In other Youtube news, I attempted to upload a video today because Youtube wasn't working for me a couple weeks ago.  I just picked some random thing on my computer and it rejected the video for copyright violation.  I didn't even know Youtube had enacted a content filter, but apparently it works.  Undecided

And that is why I wrote sometimes in parenthesis. Youtube is generally not nice to me. For some reason or other I couldn't upload a video either, but that's a while ago now. I've just given up after that.  

I didn't know they had a copyright filter either. How do they make that work anyway?

Is the video you were going to upload copyrighted? So that you couldn't upload it at all, I mean.
IP Logged

nmf016
Thread Killer
Goo God

Slashephant

blurb900
View Profile

« Reply #3 on: Mar 19th, 2008, 9:19pm »

Yes, what I was trying to upload was copyrighted.  I'm totally fine with them cracking down and putting a stop to uploading and I'm not even complaining about it, I was just surprised it happened.  I'm not exactly sure how they knew the video was infringing on a copyright, but it worked.  Of course, now I'm awfully tempted to test what I can get by the filter.    Cheesy
IP Logged
carlyn
Goo God

You drown in deeper oceans Inventing new religions

View Profile

« Reply #4 on: Mar 20th, 2008, 5:01pm »

Oh yeah, I subscribe to him on Youtube.  All of his covers (and originals) are amazing!
IP Logged
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Off Topic Board

Goo Goo Dolls Board

If you need to email...[email protected] or [email protected]
Attachments are never sent out with these email addresses.

The World of Goo Boards » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

[MFC]