Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Login Login
The World of Goo Boards « American Idol? »

The World of Goo Boards
   Off Topic Board
   Off Topic Board
(Moderators: Shannon, Adela)
   American Idol?
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1 2 3  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: American Idol?  (Read 4538 times)
Shannon
WOG Administrator

View Profile Email

Re: American Idol?
« Reply #20 on: May 21st, 2008, 11:03am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

I agree with you 100% Nicole. It was like they were setting David A. up to win last night. David C. did everything the judges are always saying to do .... stay true to yourself, make the music your own and current. He did all of that and sang it well. David A. sings it well but like you said .... where's his influence in it. Also, Don't Let the Sun Go Down on Me was identical to Elton's version. How is that making it current? I personally liked David C.'s 2nd song better too. David A. did Imagine again ... which is brilliant ... but where's the progression like David C. said? There is no progression with David A. It's always the same. He's boring after awhile. (I do give him kudos for Imagine though....that one gives me chills). I was so mad at the judges last night. It was completely unfair to David C.
IP Logged

If you need help, please email me at [email protected]

Shannon
WOG Administrator

View Profile Email

« Reply #21 on: May 21st, 2008, 9:59pm »

Well hallelujah. I think America got it right. I thought for sure David A. would win. I was shocked and so happy it ended up David C.
IP Logged

iris3732
Goo God

I can feel it like a curse.

View Profile

« Reply #22 on: May 22nd, 2008, 6:56am »

on May 21st, 2008, 9:59pm, Shannon wrote:
Well hallelujah. I think America got it right. I thought for sure David A. would win. I was shocked and so happy it ended up David C.

Ditto. I don't think I've been this excited about the finale since Season 1. What a pleasant surprise Smiley

Also the judges all looked genuinely pleased that he won. I'm sure they would have reacted the same if David A. won, but since they didn't expect Cook to win it was nice to see them happy like that.
IP Logged

all I can do is try not to screw this up again
and just be friends
i'd rather be dead
~the marvelous 3

you say it's a good thing
that you float in the air....
~weezer
Shannon
WOG Administrator

View Profile Email

« Reply #23 on: May 22nd, 2008, 7:22am »

I also liked that Simon apologized to David C. I thought the judges were all unnecessarily harsh with him on Tuesday. At least Simon owned up to it and apologized. I never for once thought Tuesday's competition was a knock out as the judges made it seem.
IP Logged

rzezniksangel
Goo God

rzezniksangel
View Profile

« Reply #24 on: May 22nd, 2008, 6:25pm »

I was so excited when they announced David Cook as the winner last night.  What a nice surprise.  No one I've ever really liked on the show has ever won(except for Kelly Clarkson, but she doesn't count...lol).  Now I can' t wait to see what kind of album he puts out!
IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Off Topic Board

Goo Goo Dolls Board

If you need to email...[email protected] or [email protected]
Attachments are never sent out with these email addresses.

The World of Goo Boards » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

[MFC]