Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Login Login
The World of Goo Boards « American Idol? »

The World of Goo Boards
   Off Topic Board
   Off Topic Board
(Moderators: Shannon, Adela)
   American Idol?
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1 2 3  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: American Idol?  (Read 4528 times)
nmf016
Thread Killer
Goo God

Slashephant

blurb900
View Profile

Re: American Idol?
« Reply #10 on: Mar 8th, 2008, 10:54am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

So we all know David H was a stripper now, right?  I accidentally came across a list of songs he danced to:

Sexyback-Justin Timberlake
Boogie Wonderland-Earth, Wind and Fire
Shake That-Eminem feat. Nate Dogg
Never Too Much-Luther Vandross
Pictures of You-The Cure
Glamorous-Fergie
Temperature-Sean Paul
About Us-Brooke Hogan feat. Paul Wall
The Distance-Cake
Love Rollercoaster-Red Hot Chili Peppers
Smooth Criminal-Alien Ant Farm
Iris-The Goo Goo Dolls
Sweetness-Jimmy Eat World
I'm In Luv (Wit A Stripper)-T-Pain

I'm not gonna lie, if I was a stripper, some of those are EXCELLENT choices, but Iris might be the worst song ever to strip to.
IP Logged
iris3732
Goo God

I can feel it like a curse.

View Profile

« Reply #11 on: May 13th, 2008, 2:16pm »

Giving this thread life again.

Final three....who's it gonna be?

For the pool I entered I predicted Carly would win so obviously I'm not gonna win any money.

I'm rooting for David Cook now.

Though I shudder to think what David A's dad will do to him if he doesn't win. Did you guys hear how he's not allowed backstage anymore?
IP Logged

all I can do is try not to screw this up again
and just be friends
i'd rather be dead
~the marvelous 3

you say it's a good thing
that you float in the air....
~weezer
iris3732
Goo God

I can feel it like a curse.

View Profile

« Reply #12 on: May 13th, 2008, 2:17pm »

on Mar 8th, 2008, 10:54am, nmf009 wrote:
I'm not gonna lie, if I was a stripper, some of those are EXCELLENT choices, but Iris might be the worst song ever to strip to.

hahaha. so freakin' weird. i can't imagine anyone stripping to that song.....it just doesn't work.
IP Logged

all I can do is try not to screw this up again
and just be friends
i'd rather be dead
~the marvelous 3

you say it's a good thing
that you float in the air....
~weezer
Shannon
WOG Administrator

View Profile Email

« Reply #13 on: May 13th, 2008, 4:35pm »

I'm hoping for David Cook to win too. He's the one with the real star quality. I agree with the judges that Syesha would be great on Broadway. I'd love to see her end up there. David A. has a nice voice but his performing is boring and his songs sort of sound the same. David Cook is star quality.

IP Logged

If you need help, please email me at [email protected]

nmf016
Thread Killer
Goo God

Slashephant

blurb900
View Profile

« Reply #14 on: May 13th, 2008, 5:45pm »

If I had to pick the one I dislike the least, it's Syesha.  But she's pretty boring and she's gone after tomorrow night.

I'm tired of David A.  He sings slow songs every week and can't form a coherent sentence.  I do feel pretty bad for him for having a crazy awful father though.  He seems like a nice kid and he doesn't deserve that.

David C... He fell out of favor with me early on when he was ripping off arrangements.  I think he would have been better off if he managed to get the boot last week or this week because AI producers are going to take away any rock edge he'll want when he makes his next album.  I think he'll win though.

I'm going to miss Jason tonight.  At first, he was okay, then he got really obnoxious because he was doing the same boring thing every week.  But then he just stopped caring and gave awful performances and just laughed at criticism and I loved how he treated the whole thing like a joke.
IP Logged
rzezniksangel
Goo God

rzezniksangel
View Profile

« Reply #15 on: May 13th, 2008, 6:21pm »

I too am hoping that David Cook wins it.  After things started picking up a little a few weeks ago, I really started to enjoy his performances.  David Archuleta just really bothers me...he doesn't have that star quality that he needs to survive in the music industry (and yes, I'm scared to see what his dad will do if he loses).  I think Syesha is great, but would be best suited on Broadway...
IP Logged
Calla
Naked

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile

« Reply #16 on: May 15th, 2008, 3:43pm »

on Mar 8th, 2008, 10:54am, nmf009 wrote:
So we all know David H was a stripper now, right?  I accidentally came across a list of songs he danced to:

Sexyback-Justin Timberlake
Boogie Wonderland-Earth, Wind and Fire
Shake That-Eminem feat. Nate Dogg
Never Too Much-Luther Vandross
Pictures of You-The Cure
Glamorous-Fergie
Temperature-Sean Paul
About Us-Brooke Hogan feat. Paul Wall
The Distance-Cake
Love Rollercoaster-Red Hot Chili Peppers
Smooth Criminal-Alien Ant Farm
Iris-The Goo Goo Dolls
Sweetness-Jimmy Eat World
I'm In Luv (Wit A Stripper)-T-Pain

aaahhhh....I will never be able to get this song out of my head unless I post this. "Shake It" by Metro Station is another excellent choice for stripping.  

http://www.myspace.com/metrostation

David Cook gets my vote.

Peace,  
Calla
IP Logged
rzezniksangel
Goo God

rzezniksangel
View Profile

« Reply #17 on: May 20th, 2008, 9:23pm »

Still holding out for David Cook....I thought he was great tonight.  Too bad the judges didn't seem to agree...
IP Logged
Shannon
WOG Administrator

View Profile Email

« Reply #18 on: May 20th, 2008, 10:12pm »

I thought so too. And, realistically, between the two David's, whose album would you buy and who would you go see live? For me, it's David Cook all the way. He's got the whole package. I thought he did great tonight too. And, I liked the 2nd song. I'm not sure why the judged didn't. I thought his U2 song was great too. I like that he alters the arrangements. He's unique.  

As much as I love David A.'s version of Imagine, all his songs really sound the same.
IP Logged

If you need help, please email me at [email protected]

nmf016
Thread Killer
Goo God

Slashephant

blurb900
View Profile

« Reply #19 on: May 20th, 2008, 10:25pm »

I thought David Cook was treated really unfairly.  I personally probably won't buy either artist or become a fan, but they definitely weren't treated the same tonight.  Titling David A the winner tonight was lame.

I watch this show with two friends every week and we were comparing them.  At least with David C, we know his music preferences and style.  He was a 90s alt rock teen and you can tell that music influenced him.  You know what kind of album he would want to put out and you know that he would insist upon having some control of what he does.  With David A, there doesn't seem to be any influence.  Right now, I have no idea what kind of music he likes or what he would like to put on an album.  I'd imagine some songwriters will just write a bunch of ballads and he'll sing them.  He's more like a robot that has a nice voice and does whatever someone else (Daddy) says.
IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Off Topic Board

Goo Goo Dolls Board

If you need to email...[email protected] or [email protected]
Attachments are never sent out with these email addresses.

The World of Goo Boards » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

[MFC]