Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Login Login
The World of Goo Boards « You're Favourite Drink! »

The World of Goo Boards
   Off Topic Board
   Off Topic Board
(Moderators: Shannon, Adela)
   You're Favourite Drink!
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: You're Favourite Drink!  (Read 5284 times)
Shannon
WOG Administrator

View Profile Email

Re: You're Favourite Drink!
« Reply #30 on: Jun 24th, 2007, 9:47am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

After all the teasing commercials, I finally got to eat at a Sonic when I was in Myrtle Beach last week. I had the Banana Split that I'd seen taunting me on commericals all last year. It was yummy! I wish I had one near me. I think the closest one is 400 miles away Sad

My new favorite alcoholic drink is the Mojito. Anyone tried one of these yet? Pure yumminess.
IP Logged

If you need help, please email me at [email protected]

ChickenCookie
I'm Addicted

When he takes me in his arms I see la vie en rose.

View Profile

« Reply #31 on: Jun 25th, 2007, 5:36pm »

on Jun 24th, 2007, 9:47am, Shannon wrote:
My new favorite alcoholic drink is the Mojito. Anyone tried one of these yet? Pure yumminess.

I've seen the commercials, which are kinda cool, and it looks delicious.  What exactly goes into it, Shannon?  I'm looking for a new refreshing summer drink I can share with my buddies poolside.  Grin
IP Logged
Shannon
WOG Administrator

View Profile Email

« Reply #32 on: Jun 25th, 2007, 6:12pm »

Then this is definitely the drink for you. It's either Vodka or light Rum with soda, fresh mint, sugar cane and fresh lime. If it's made right you don't taste the alcohol at all and it's purely yummy. I had a really good one at a restaurant called Bahama Breeze. Give it a try! I found this recipe from www.tasteofcuba.com.....

Cuban Mojito recipe

the original authentic recipe from Havana Cuba

1 teaspoon powdered sugar
Juice from 1 lime (2 ounces)
4 mint leaves
1 sprig of mint  
Havana Club white Rum (2 ounces)
2 ounces club soda

There are countless recipes for the Mojito (prounced moh-HEE-toh), but this version is for the one Hemingway himself enjoyed at the Mojito's place of birth: La Bodeguita del Medio in Havana, Cuba.  If you are throwing a Cuban theme party (Havana night themed party), plan on serving mojitos.  

Place the mint leaves into a long mojito glass (often called a "collins" glass) and squeeze the juice from a cut lime over it.  You'll want about two ounces of lime juice, so it may not require all of the juice from a single lime.  Add the powdered sugar, then gently smash the mint into the lime juice and sugar with a muddler (a long wooden device pictured below, though you can also use the back of a fork or spoon if one isn't available).  Add ice (preferably crushed) then add the rum and stir, and top off with the club soda.  Garnish with a mint sprig.  

** Optional ** While the following isn't the authentic original Bodeguita del Medio Cuban recipe for a mojito, some people will take half of the juiced lime and cut into into four wedges to add to the glass.  Another variation is to add Angostura bitters to cut the mojito's sweetness, which is a popular version in Havana hotels although not the true Bodeguita recipe.  Some Cubans also use "guarapo" in place of the powdered sugar, which is a sugar cane syrup available in some supermarkets or online Latin grocery stores.  
« Last Edit: Jun 25th, 2007, 6:16pm by Shannon » IP Logged

EgoOpinion
Naked

AGeekNamedGoo

View Profile

« Reply #33 on: Jun 26th, 2007, 5:16pm »

Hmm my favorites...

#1 Water
#2 Grandma's Black Currant Lemonade Wink

That's all I ever drink. Pretty much.  Smiley
IP Logged

Shannon
WOG Administrator

View Profile Email

« Reply #34 on: Jun 26th, 2007, 7:03pm »

Black Currant Lemonade.....that sounds delicous. How do you make it?
IP Logged

EgoOpinion
Naked

AGeekNamedGoo

View Profile

« Reply #35 on: Jun 27th, 2007, 8:52am »

I have no idea actually! Wink I've never watched her make it, although I've been planing to quite a few times. But I guess you cook the berries, and then add some sugar... Put it in a bottle, and then when you want some you just mix it with water. ^^ No seriously, I don't know. Haha. I'll have to ask her. What I DO know is that the lemonade is quite low on sugar though, which is nice, it feels fresh.
IP Logged

Shannon
WOG Administrator

View Profile Email

« Reply #36 on: Jun 27th, 2007, 11:08am »

Please ask her for the recipe. It sounds delicous and I'm always looking for low sugar drinks other than water.
IP Logged

EgoOpinion
Naked

AGeekNamedGoo

View Profile

« Reply #37 on: Jun 27th, 2007, 2:57pm »

Yeah sure, I will! I'll let you know as soon as I have it.
IP Logged

Shannon
WOG Administrator

View Profile Email

« Reply #38 on: Jun 27th, 2007, 4:37pm »

Thanks so much!
IP Logged

ChickenCookie
I'm Addicted

When he takes me in his arms I see la vie en rose.

View Profile

« Reply #39 on: Jun 28th, 2007, 12:25pm »

on Jun 25th, 2007, 6:12pm, Shannon wrote:
Then this is definitely the drink for you. It's either Vodka or light Rum with soda, fresh mint, sugar cane and fresh lime. If it's made right you don't taste the alcohol at all and it's purely yummy. I had a really good one at a restaurant called Bahama Breeze. Give it a try! I found this recipe from www.tasteofcuba.com.....

Cuban Mojito recipe

the original authentic recipe from Havana Cuba

1 teaspoon powdered sugar
Juice from 1 lime (2 ounces)
4 mint leaves
1 sprig of mint  
Havana Club white Rum (2 ounces)
2 ounces club soda

There are countless recipes for the Mojito (prounced moh-HEE-toh), but this version is for the one Hemingway himself enjoyed at the Mojito's place of birth: La Bodeguita del Medio in Havana, Cuba.  If you are throwing a Cuban theme party (Havana night themed party), plan on serving mojitos.  

Place the mint leaves into a long mojito glass (often called a "collins" glass) and squeeze the juice from a cut lime over it.  You'll want about two ounces of lime juice, so it may not require all of the juice from a single lime.  Add the powdered sugar, then gently smash the mint into the lime juice and sugar with a muddler (a long wooden device pictured below, though you can also use the back of a fork or spoon if one isn't available).  Add ice (preferably crushed) then add the rum and stir, and top off with the club soda.  Garnish with a mint sprig.  

** Optional ** While the following isn't the authentic original Bodeguita del Medio Cuban recipe for a mojito, some people will take half of the juiced lime and cut into into four wedges to add to the glass.  Another variation is to add Angostura bitters to cut the mojito's sweetness, which is a popular version in Havana hotels although not the true Bodeguita recipe.  Some Cubans also use "guarapo" in place of the powdered sugar, which is a sugar cane syrup available in some supermarkets or online Latin grocery stores.  

Mmmm!  Sounds yummy!  I really prefer drinks in which you can't taste too much alcohol.  I'm a total lightweight when it comes to drinking.  Undecided
IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Off Topic Board

Goo Goo Dolls Board

If you need to email...[email protected] or [email protected]
Attachments are never sent out with these email addresses.

The World of Goo Boards » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

[MFC]