Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Login Login
The World of Goo Boards « Anybody own a... »

The World of Goo Boards
   Off Topic Board
   Off Topic Board
(Moderators: Shannon, Adela)
   Anybody own a...
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1 2 3  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Anybody own a...  (Read 3842 times)
Christian
I'm Addicted

The Infernal Bridegroom

View Profile Email

Re: Anybody own a...
« Reply #10 on: Jun 13th, 2007, 2:09pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

What's the fuel economy like?
IP Logged

And all the perfume rare, now buried in the shade
DWG

Email

« Reply #11 on: Jun 13th, 2007, 3:31pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

on Jun 13th, 2007, 6:46am, ChickenCookie wrote:
Nice!  Enjoy your new wheels!

Now if only we could get MTV to pimp your ride!   :hahaha:

I don't think I'd want them to pimp my "new" ride, or even my old ride. It's just stealable bling. I didn't even want power windows for cryin' out loud. I miss my crank, lol.

Christian, I don't know what the fuel economy is yet, since I've only had it for about a week. The EPA rating is 47/48, although they are currently renewing those for all cars, which brings everyone's numbers down to compensate for "real world" conditions.
I'll let you know when I have to fill the tank for the first time. So far I've only used about a quarter of a tank. There's this guage on the dash where I can see the instantaneous mpg. Depending on what sort of driving you are doing, it shows anything from 30 mpg while doing something like accelerating up a hill, to 140 mpg while coasting. So it'll come down to the law of averages, and learning how to drive it efficiently. I'll let you know how that first tank averages out.
« Last Edit: Jun 13th, 2007, 3:34pm by Dances_with_Goo » IP Logged
ChickenCookie
I'm Addicted

When he takes me in his arms I see la vie en rose.

View Profile

« Reply #12 on: Jun 13th, 2007, 5:57pm »

on Jun 13th, 2007, 3:31pm, DWG wrote:

I don't think I'd want them to pimp my "new" ride, or even my old ride. It's just stealable bling. I didn't even want power windows for cryin' out loud. I miss my crank, lol.

You and my husband.  Last two left on the planet, I think.  ROTF  Wink
IP Logged
partygoober
Goo God

~Philly Girl~                               savvy?

View Profile WWW

« Reply #13 on: Jun 13th, 2007, 8:51pm »

i wish i had your car DWG...i just got my permit (lets not talk about it..my fear of the road is high and today i almost hit a escalade....seriously... ALMOST)

anywho....my sister somehoe late last year talked my dad into letting her get (with his help) a 2007 ford focus....and here i am...w/her piece of shit 96 neon.....

everything in the world is wrong with it.....water pump leaks....it has too much oil...the battery died on pirate day ( and forced ME to buy a new one for it)...it needs new tires (the car shakes when it hits 35mph)....and no power windows.....i don't like cranking when the AC doesn't work as well....

jrewiajurh!

~Kristyn~
« Last Edit: Jun 13th, 2007, 8:52pm by partygoober » IP Logged

*~*WOG BITCH*~*

"What, do you all know each other or something?" Johnny during slide 8/27

I left my heart in Buffalo, NY

Yeah baby there's a villain in me. So sexy, sour, and sweet, and you'll be loving it.

SUPER BITCH.
DWG

Email

« Reply #14 on: Jun 13th, 2007, 11:17pm »

on Jun 13th, 2007, 5:57pm, ChickenCookie wrote:

You and my husband.  Last two left on the planet, I think.  ROTF  Wink

Nope, I also test-drove a 2005 Honda Civic that had "crank windows". I was like, "woot! Cranks!" They are so liberating...passengers can open their windows without having to beg the driver, "Can you leave the keys in the car while you go into the 7-11 so we can breathe??". I've always hated when my husband would leave us in his SUV and take the keys into...wherever...and we couldn't open the windows. I always had to open the door to breathe.  Roll Eyes
Now I have to remember to close the windows on my newer car before turning it off. I find myself turning the car off, then noticing the window is open, and having to turn the car back on...gimme my crank any day. Oh, well...compromises.

Kristyn! We were just wondering today if you'd started learning to drive yet. Congrats, and don't be too afraid. That's counter-productive. Be careful, be defensive, pay attention to everything around you, but try not to be too afraid. Good luck to you.
Get that car looked at though. I think it may need more than just new tires; have the front end aligned too. Jeez.
« Last Edit: Jun 13th, 2007, 11:18pm by Dances_with_Goo » IP Logged
partygoober
Goo God

View Profile WWW

« Reply #15 on: Jun 14th, 2007, 5:52pm »

on Jun 13th, 2007, 11:17pm, DWG wrote:

Kristyn! We were just wondering today if you'd started learning to drive yet. Congrats, and don't be too afraid. That's counter-productive. Be careful, be defensive, pay attention to everything around you, but try not to be too afraid. Good luck to you.
Get that car looked at though. I think it may need more than just new tires; have the front end aligned too. Jeez.

i'm not gonna lie....i hate it....i'm so god damn afraid of the road...i only got it b/c i HAVE to...

i'm so scared of hitting another car...

ahhh
i wish the roads were just bigger

~Kristyn`
IP Logged

*~*WOG BITCH*~*

Yeah baby there's a villain in me. So sexy, sour, and sweet, and you'll be loving it.

SUPER BITCH.
DWG

Email

« Reply #16 on: Jun 15th, 2007, 12:00am »

Aww...be careful Kris.

I suppose if you choose to live in a city with a good transit system you could get along without a car.  

I wish I could ride a bike to work, but I get out at midnight...too dangerous.
IP Logged
ChickenCookie
I'm Addicted

View Profile

« Reply #17 on: Jun 15th, 2007, 9:32am »

on Jun 14th, 2007, 5:52pm, partygoober wrote:

i'm not gonna lie....i hate it....i'm so god damn afraid of the road...i only got it b/c i HAVE to...

i'm so scared of hitting another car...

ahhh
i wish the roads were just bigger

~Kristyn`

Honey, don't do that to yourself!  Do you want to turn into my mother in law, who's afraid to drive and has to rely on other people to get anywhere?!  No.  Trust me, no, you don't!  With more practice behind the wheel, you'll be fine!  Eventually you'll think nothing of zipping along the 6-lane expressway.  Just buckle up, stay alert and obey all the traffic rules, and you'll be fine!  Smiley
IP Logged
partygoober
Goo God

View Profile WWW

« Reply #18 on: Jul 8th, 2007, 3:17pm »

so i'm actually excited to start driving...test is scheduled for friday july 27 (the same day as my goo show that i haven't been to since 03)

and well..just when i thought everything would be peachy keen...i hear this :

Potential State Budget Impasse Information for PennDOT's Customers: Should a state budget impasse occur, no PennDOT counter and mail services will be available beginning Monday, July 9, 2007, which includes PennDOT’s Driver License and Photo License Centers across the Commonwealth as well as the Riverfront Office Center in Harrisburg. Click here for a complete listing of which services will and will not be available.

and that is starting tomorrow (they are closed mondays anyways)...but i'm praying to the gods in heaven that it's settled tomorrow....whatver it is...i have no idea what it is

~Kristyn~
IP Logged

*~*WOG BITCH*~*

SUPER BITCH.
ChickenCookie
I'm Addicted

View Profile

« Reply #19 on: Jul 9th, 2007, 11:41am »

I heard that on the news, PG, and I thought about you!  Actually, it made me kinda happy that Buffalo isn't the only clusterfuck in the country ...  Roll Eyes

Hope they get it resolved before you take your test!  Good luck!
IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Off Topic Board

Goo Goo Dolls Board

If you need to email...[email protected] or [email protected]
Attachments are never sent out with these email addresses.

The World of Goo Boards » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

[MFC]