Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Login Login
The World of Goo Boards « Virginia Tech Rampage »

The World of Goo Boards
   Off Topic Board
   Off Topic Board
(Moderators: Shannon, Adela)
   Virginia Tech Rampage
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1 2  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Virginia Tech Rampage  (Read 2195 times)
GooFreak26
Goo God

View Profile Email

Re: Virginia Tech Rampage
« Reply #10 on: Apr 17th, 2007, 9:58am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Hi guys, been away for a while, but I'm here, this is just tragic, and it's disheartening especially when you have kids, and you wonder what is the world gonna be like in 12 years when she goes to college?

My heart is with all the families.
IP Logged
laurengoo
Goo God

a.k.a y2goo_4ever

y2goo4ever
View Profile Email

« Reply #11 on: Apr 18th, 2007, 2:23pm »

That is absolutely horrible what happened at VT. My thoughts and prayers go out to everyone and their families at this time.

You're right Shannon, what is this world coming to? It saddens me.
IP Logged

made by: Hysteria
nmf016
Thread Killer
Goo God

Slashephant

blurb900
View Profile

« Reply #12 on: Apr 18th, 2007, 9:55pm »

I just spent some time reading about this and watching the news channels.  I hadn't given it much thought over the last couple days as I have been wrapped up in my own little immediate world of school.

I find myself feeling terrible for victims and their families, obviously, but also for the killer.  From many accounts, this guy was really sick.  I believe there are people who are just mean terrible people, but I also believe sometimes a person is just really mentally ill.  It's so easy to be completely anonymous on a large campus if you want to and to get overlooked when you really need some help.  I'm not trying to justify what he did, but I can understand how someone could allow their mental health to get really messed up on a college campus.  I'm also pretty disturbed how anyone who has crossed paths with him, even high school classmates who just passed him in a hall 4 years ago, is jumping at the chance to analyze him on tv.

As for the victims, it just really saddens me.  To get up, go to class, and end up dead or injured.  As a college student, I've always felt like academic buildings, and campuses to a lesser degree, were safe wonderful places and it's just sad to see how people who were just teaching or learning could have their lives taken.

In my opinion I think the school handled the initial situation poorly, but I myself can't think of something they could have done to notify people immediately.  The university I attend is almost the same size, and alerting some 20,000 people effectively is very difficult.  I don't check school email before I head to school in the morning and I would have to actually go into a building to find anything out, defeating the purpose.  I'm very interested to see what sort of new security is added into Virginia Tech and other large schools due to this horrible event.
IP Logged
sympathy_0
Goo God

Never you mind.

View Profile WWW

« Reply #13 on: Apr 27th, 2007, 1:05pm »

It was horrible what happened, yet it could have been prevented in more than one way.

Theres a facebook group in memory of them - and there are a whole bunch of these crazy's on it.
IP Logged

www.youtube.com/forbuss
Pages: 1 2  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Off Topic Board

Goo Goo Dolls Board

If you need to email...[email protected] or [email protected]
Attachments are never sent out with these email addresses.

The World of Goo Boards » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

[MFC]