Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Login Login
The World of Goo Boards « my John Mayer review with pics »

The World of Goo Boards
   Off Topic Board
   Off Topic Board
(Moderators: Shannon, Adela)
   my John Mayer review with pics
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: my John Mayer review with pics  (Read 484 times)
goober_1013
Goo God

House, MD

View Profile WWW

my John Mayer review with pics
« on: Feb 17th, 2007, 8:02pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Don't know if any of ya'll like John Mayer, but i seen him yesterday in concert. . .First I guess I'll describe our adventure there.  It was in Murray, KY which is about 3 hours away from where I live.  Half way to Murray State, we realize that they are an hour behind us, so we get there almost 3 hours early!  

We find the place, decide to waste some time and eat at a nice restaurant.  We go to Cracker Barrel which I have only been to one time before and it was for breakfast. . .we get our food and Steph (my buddy who invited me and scored second row seats!) got the chicken and dumplings with something else and corn. . .in a little bowl.  So she’s eaten all her stuff and has taken like 2 bites out of her little bowl of corn.  So the waiter comes by and takes away her empty plate and to Steph’s dismay, after he leaves has realized, “Dude, he didn’t take my corn.”  Now you have to realize, I find humor in the smallest of things and when she said that, I started laughing and almost choked on my own food.  She was really upset that he didn’t take way her tiny bowl of corn.  So then, every time I looked at that corn, sitting in its little cream colored bowl, I would bust out laughing!  Finally, I had Stephanie hide the bowl behind the little menu thing so I could finish eating with the no more interruptions. . .

Next we go to Wal-Mart and I didn’t like the outfit I had on so I bought a black pull over shirt to wear over my tank-top and a tiny can of hairspray to spiff up my hair.  I change in car then we go to the University and I hairspray and reapply make-up. . .hey, we’d been sitting in the car by now for like 4 hours and my hair was flat and lipstick had worn off!

The concert was at the Murray State University stadium and it was a nice size, lots-o-college kids.  Went to the merchandise table and bought me a decently cool John  Mayer scarf then go to our seats.  We chat with a couple who came down from TN and had just seen JM 2 weeks ago. . .they were super cool and he had surprised her with the tickets.  Said he told her to get ready, they were going out to dinner and instead took her to a John Mayer concert.  I need a man like that. . .but anyway onto other concert matters. . .

A lot of the security there were the students from student council.  Which as a side note, as a cosmetologist I look at everyone’s hair, I can’t help it; and every guy there had the same shagged up, razored out, messy hair do.  Anyway. . .they did awesome!  You know how you pay good money for your front row seats and people weasel their way up there with excuses like, “oh, I’m just talking to my friend” or “I’m just gonna take a quick picture.”  Uh-uh.  None of that was going on there.  They all got booted to their seats in the back which just made my heart squee with joy.

Mat Kearney was the opening act.  The only song I knew was Nothing to Lose, but his whole set was pretty good.

John Mayer comes out. . .college students and fans alike go crazy. . .but tell me, why is it that anymore all these male musicians are super skinny?  I mean, John Mayer looked about 2 fingers wide and Mat Kearney not much bigger.  Poor things, I don’t think they get enough food out on the road, somebody give ‘em some carbs!

More important concert things. . .I didn’t know many of his songs.  Just the ones you hear on the radio and even then, I didn’t know ALL the words, but him and his group are an awesome jam band.  That boy can play a guitar.  Gravity was the last song they did and the end was amazing, it’s hard to even describe.  Their whole set reminded me of a band you’d see playing at your local bar and I mean that in a good way.  Slow Dancing In A Burning Room, I immediately had to buy off itunes cuz he said a bad word in it and I found it highly amusing. . .told ya, I laugh at the little things and John Mayer cussing I find extremly funny, but the song is beautiful.  I LURVE it!  

For the encore he did 2 songs I didn’t know and Your Body Is A Wonderland, acoustic and that was awesome.  Steph has some video of it and when we got in the car and played it back, you can hear her singing and then a bit later you can hear me let out a wail that will banshees run and hide.

Bad thing, on the way home we got lost. . .like 45 minutes worth of lost and I didn’t get home until 4:30 in the morning and I had to get up at 9 for work.  That sucked.  But everything else was awesome like whoa. . .

. . . Grin

« Last Edit: Feb 17th, 2007, 8:04pm by goober_1013 » IP Logged

UPDATED July 10th, 2006
www.members.tripod.com/deepfriedboot

zomg
Goo God

View Profile

Re: my John Mayer review with pics
« Reply #1 on: Feb 17th, 2007, 11:01pm »

He's one gifted guitarist, that's for sure! Grin
IP Logged
Shannon
WOG Administrator

View Profile Email

« Reply #2 on: Feb 18th, 2007, 12:06am »

I love John Mayer. I think he's a gifted guitar player/singer/songwriter. I saw his show 2-3 years ago and he's great. I LOVE Gravity...it's amazing. I'm so glad you had a great time at the show. Your pictures are fantastic. Thanks so much for writing a review and sharing with us.
IP Logged

If you need help, please email me at [email protected]

carlyn
Goo God

You drown in deeper oceans Inventing new religions

View Profile

« Reply #3 on: Feb 18th, 2007, 3:31pm »

Oooh, I like his guitar.
IP Logged
goober_1013
Goo God

House, MD

View Profile WWW

« Reply #4 on: Feb 18th, 2007, 5:17pm »

the couple that was sitting next to me, he got all excited when he brought that guitar out and he told me that it is some sort of replica that is either modeled after a Jimmy Hendrix guitar or was inspired by a Jimmy Hendrix guitar. . .either way, i think it's pretty. . . Grin
IP Logged

UPDATED July 10th, 2006
www.members.tripod.com/deepfriedboot

rzezniksangel
Goo God

rzezniksangel
View Profile

« Reply #5 on: Feb 18th, 2007, 8:14pm »

I saw John Mayer a couple of weeks ago....lucky you got Mat Kearney...we had some spanish guy that I don't even remember his name...but he wasn't very good.  I had crappy seats, but I was happy just to be there.  John is a very talented musician, and the show was incredible.  Thanks for posting your pictures!!
IP Logged
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Off Topic Board

Goo Goo Dolls Board

If you need to email...[email protected] or [email protected]
Attachments are never sent out with these email addresses.

The World of Goo Boards » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

[MFC]