Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Login Login
The World of Goo Boards « maybe I should stop coming here »

The World of Goo Boards
   Off Topic Board
   Off Topic Board
(Moderators: Shannon, Adela)
   maybe I should stop coming here
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1 2  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: maybe I should stop coming here  (Read 2718 times)
zomg
Goo God

View Profile

Re: maybe I should stop coming here
« Reply #10 on: Nov 23rd, 2006, 11:21am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Cool!  Thanks for the info Peyton!!
Yeah, I have the there MB20 CDs, Rob's solo  CD,
a few of the CD singles, EP, Show (The Live Concert CD/DVD Thing), and some other stuff.

I'll signup again for the boards. Smiley
I wonder if MB20 will get back together in 2007 to record some new material.
IP Logged
nmf016
Thread Killer
Goo God

Slashephant

blurb900
View Profile

« Reply #11 on: Nov 23rd, 2006, 11:21am »

on Nov 23rd, 2006, 11:11am, fan.googoodolls wrote:

Yeah, I didn't up buying the newest one, mostly because the first single didn't really appeal to me.
But their earlier stuff is pretty darn good.

I bought it because I'm a completist... I will say the whole album is better than the first single, because that was God-awful, but I didn't load the new album on my ipod, which has every other OLP album on it.  There are like 3 songs I like on the new one, but that's a huge difference from their previous stuff.  I love everything before Healthy in Paranoid Times.
IP Logged
nmf016
Thread Killer
Goo God

Slashephant

blurb900
View Profile

« Reply #12 on: Nov 23rd, 2006, 11:24am »

on Nov 23rd, 2006, 10:51am, Peyton wrote:
LOL.. sorry to spook you guys.. mean people don't bother me.. I can handle that.. I was a creedfreak at creednet.. with about 15,000 posts when it died... and it was ROUGH there...

Awww.  I never understand why fans on a board can be so mean to eachother.  You're all there for the same reason.

The Goo community is pretty nice, so that's why it shocked me when I thought someone was being mean.
IP Logged
zomg
Goo God

View Profile

« Reply #13 on: Nov 23rd, 2006, 11:28am »

on Nov 23rd, 2006, 11:21am, the red o wrote:

I bought it because I'm a completist... I will say the whole album is better than the first single, because that was God-awful, but I didn't load the new album on my ipod, which has every other OLP album on it.  There are like 3 songs I like on the new one, but that's a huge difference from their previous stuff.  I love everything before Healthy in Paranoid Times.

Ok ... then maybe I'll pick up the album as a Christmas gift to myself then, just for hearing the rest of the album for curiosity's sake.

It's encouraging to hear at least that the whole album isn't as god-awful as the first single was (it was sort of what I was expecting).

Hopefully they get back on track with their next album.
« Last Edit: Nov 23rd, 2006, 11:29am by zomg » IP Logged
Peyton
Naked

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile

« Reply #14 on: Nov 23rd, 2006, 11:37am »

rob's solo album will surprise you.. it's better than just 'this is how a heart breaks'.... first listen through.. Ever the Same... made me cry... and so did My My My....

as for Creednet... there were tons of guys there who were the metallica/pearl jam fans..... who just came for the sake of causing problems...

unlike IM.. it was a free board... and it was huge.... before it was shut down.. there were 42,000 members (yes many of them 'alters'... for the sole purpose of stirring us up... but I wouldn't have missed it for the world!

give rob's cd a listen... it's worth the price of admission Wink
IP Logged
Peyton
Naked

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile

« Reply #15 on: Nov 23rd, 2006, 11:42am »

one more thing about the GGD's.. it's kinda like mb20.. my signature at Creednet used to say  

Matchbox has my heart.. Tantric my mind.. Creed my soul.

Even the mean people at Creednet never had anything bad to say about mb20.... and it's the same with ggd....  

Since Creed died, Mark, Flip, and Brian regrouped, and got Myles Kennedy to sing.. and they're Alter Bridge.. I love them so much I have their name in my truck window.... and explorer window..  

BUT... even though there's not many posts.. you might be interested in what they have to say about ggd... it reminds me of how they are about mb20.. kind...

and I was such a die hard HEAVY rock fan.. that's why the kinda 'apologetic' tone of my original post... but heck.. I can't help it.. I love music.. lots of it!

here's the link if you're interested in reading AB fans take on the GGD

http://alterbridgeband.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=9004
IP Logged
zomg
Goo God

View Profile

« Reply #16 on: Nov 23rd, 2006, 12:16pm »

I like Rob's CD; plenty of good songs on it, not that Rob has ever written any bad songs!  I bought the DualDisc version which has some nice bonuses to it as well.
IP Logged
Nicole
Goo God

View Profile

« Reply #17 on: Nov 23rd, 2006, 8:20pm »

I enjoy listening to Matchbox 20/ Rob Thomas. Smooth with Santana and Street Corner Symphony are my favorites.
IP Logged
carlyn
Goo God

You drown in deeper oceans Inventing new religions

View Profile

« Reply #18 on: Nov 24th, 2006, 1:06pm »

I love Matchbox Twenty! They are definitely either my second or third favorite band, competing with last Conservative.  The Goo Goo Dolls are my first favorite by far.  I have all three MB20 albums and the SHOW DVD.  I love all thier songs!  I don't have Rob's solo alubum, but I still might buy it someday.  I bought Ever The Same and This is How a Heart Breaks on iTUnes and I love them!
IP Logged
Pages: 1 2  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Off Topic Board

Goo Goo Dolls Board

If you need to email...[email protected] or [email protected]
Attachments are never sent out with these email addresses.

The World of Goo Boards » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

[MFC]