Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Login Login
The World of Goo Boards « Christmas! »

The World of Goo Boards
   Off Topic Board
   Off Topic Board
(Moderators: Shannon, Adela)
   Christmas!
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1 2 3  ...  6 Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Christmas!  (Read 6034 times)
Hysteria
I'm Addicted

Heavenly intoxication <3

drummer078
View Profile

Christmas!
« on: Oct 29th, 2006, 6:51am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

What are you doing for Xmas this year? Going away? Staying at home with family? And what's on your wish list?

Mine consists of money towards a car, clothes and CD's.
Btw, does anyone still get a stocking... cause i'm nearly 18 an my parents think that i'm getting too old to have one, but I reckon you're never really too old, or am I? I dunno.  Tongue
« Last Edit: Oct 29th, 2006, 6:52am by Hysteria » IP Logged

♥ Charlie ♥

tkc1989
Goo God

~...Tonight's the night the world begins again...~

View Profile

Re: Christmas!
« Reply #1 on: Oct 29th, 2006, 12:52pm »

Staying at home with family Smiley

And I'm nearly 18 too but my mum still gives my 22year old brother a stocking so I've got at least another 4 or 5 years of stockings Grin hehe

And I'm hoping for a semi-acoustic guitar, like the one John uses when they play SWY...that'd be so awesome Smiley Smiley Smileylet's hope father christmas thinks i've been a good boy this year...
IP Logged

pink boa lady
Goo God

4/24/99 taken Ruston, LA-Rite-Aid Signed 12/2/02

cassiet76   sassycassie76
View Profile Email

« Reply #2 on: Oct 29th, 2006, 3:29pm »

you're never too old for stockings! my mom and i do it and i'm 30!  

no clue what's going to happen this year for xmas...  

hopefully my mom will cook and it'll be her, me and my boy.  
but who knows... i may end up going to baltimore for hannukah to meet the  future in-laws again...i dunno when that is though.

ha! it's too early to think about it all clearly!!
IP Logged

GGD fan since '98.
Mom to Thomas and Henry!
laurengoo
Goo God

a.k.a y2goo_4ever

y2goo4ever
View Profile Email

« Reply #3 on: Oct 29th, 2006, 5:53pm »

on Oct 29th, 2006, 6:51am, Hysteria wrote:
What are you doing for Xmas this year? Going away? Staying at home with family? And what's on your wish list?

Mine consists of money towards a car, clothes and CD's.
Btw, does anyone still get a stocking... cause i'm nearly 18 an my parents think that i'm getting too old to have one, but I reckon you're never really too old, or am I? I dunno.  Tongue

GrinI'm 21 and I still get a few items in my stocking, I hang it up every year. I'm a big Christmas geek. I love everything about the season.

I usually stay home with the family, Christmas Eve, my family on my mom's side, not including my grandparents, we attend an evening mass then go to my aunt's house after for goodies and the traditional movie. On Christmas morning we head to my grandparent's house, on my mom's side and get together to unwrap gifts and the usual family get together.

I really want a Nindendo DS, a new cell phone and some cashola. LOL. That's basically it.
IP Logged

made by: Hysteria
nmf016
Thread Killer
Goo God

Slashephant

blurb900
View Profile

« Reply #4 on: Oct 29th, 2006, 6:16pm »

Oh Christmas... I have a really small and messed up extended family so I actually have no idea what's going ot happen this year.  I assume Christmas Eve is at my house, but no idea about Christmas dinner.  

I am currently a dirt poor grad student who just started a part time job and have been going without a whole lot for the last 5 months, so my list of stuff I need and want is crazy.  Stuff I want includes a new digital camera and some cds.  I NEED some clothes and shoes.  Thank goodness my birthday is 5 days after Christmas, because I have a big list this year.  Cheesy

And me and my sisters still get stockings.  My older sister (25) got a stocking last year even though she was moved out and engaged.  I hope stockings continue.  That's where the money is!  Cheesy
IP Logged
Hysteria
I'm Addicted

Heavenly intoxication <3

drummer078
View Profile

« Reply #5 on: Oct 30th, 2006, 11:21am »

Yes! I am definatly showin all these messages to my mum, cause she says i'm too old! pft.  Wink

IP Logged

♥ Charlie ♥

the green o

Email

« Reply #6 on: Oct 30th, 2006, 3:48pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

Christmas stockings are very useful for holding small gifts like gift cards and such.  
...not sure whether the "Nightmare Before Christmas" stocking will fit into the decorating scheme, but it sure is cute.

Oh, yeah, and I have to work on Christmas...and Christmas Eve...and Christmas "Eve-eeeve". This is gonna suck.
IP Logged
Hysteria
I'm Addicted

Heavenly intoxication <3

drummer078
View Profile

« Reply #7 on: Oct 30th, 2006, 4:04pm »

on Oct 30th, 2006, 3:48pm, the green o wrote:
Christmas stockings are very useful for holding small gifts like gift cards and such.  
...not sure whether the "Nightmare Before Christmas" stocking will fit into the decorating scheme, but it sure is cute.

Oh, yeah, and I have to work on Christmas...and Christmas Eve...and Christmas "Eve-eeeve". This is gonna suck.

Christmas day?? No way, that absolutely sucks!!  Undecided
IP Logged

♥ Charlie ♥

nmf016
Thread Killer
Goo God

Slashephant

blurb900
View Profile

« Reply #8 on: Oct 30th, 2006, 8:15pm »

on Oct 30th, 2006, 3:48pm, the green o wrote:

Ew... what kind of lab do you work in that's open on Christmas?  Or is it a hospital?  I can hook you up with a toxicology job in WNY that's closed on major holidays.   Cheesy

When in high school I worked as a florist on Christmas Eve one year from like noon to six.  It made me sad.  Undecided
IP Logged
the green o

Email

« Reply #9 on: Oct 30th, 2006, 9:02pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

Yup, it's a lab in a hospital. It's a dirty job, but someone's gotta do it.
It just stinks that the boss thinks it's better to schedule you for the "whole shebang" so that you get the other major holidays off. I'd rather do it like we used to. Maybe I would've had to work Christmas Eve, but gotten Christmas day off. Then had to work New Year's day or something like that. But noo...people decided it's better to totally trash a major holiday. I guess it's a matter of opinion, but I really don't look forward to working those three evenings in a row this year. Not like I have any choice in the matter.
If I lived anywhere near you, I would definately take you up on the toxicology job, Nicole. Definately!
IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3  ...  6 Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Off Topic Board

Goo Goo Dolls Board

If you need to email...[email protected] or [email protected]
Attachments are never sent out with these email addresses.

The World of Goo Boards » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

[MFC]