Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Login Login
The World of Goo Boards « No more pets for me... »

The World of Goo Boards
   Off Topic Board
   Off Topic Board
(Moderators: Shannon, Adela)
   No more pets for me...
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: No more pets for me...  (Read 523 times)
YoursGOOLY
Goo God

View Profile

No more pets for me...
« on: Oct 12th, 2006, 10:52pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

2 days ago I had to bury a 2nd pet within 16 months. This time it was was my cat.  Cry

I got Danger when he was a kitten. He acquired his name one Christmas evening he ran in front of my car. I slammed on the brakes (on icy roads) but still slid into him. I figured Danger was more appropriate than Speedbump or Roadkill...LOL  The vet confirmed he was unharmed.  :claps:

Danger was the friendliest cat you would ever know. People who weren't fond of cats even liked him. He had quite the personality. If I had gotten him under different circumstances, I would have named him Garfield. He was orange & white and at one time weighed 20+ lbs.  Shocked

Danger was diagnosed with diabetes about 6 months ago. He was on medication and was eating cat food specially formulated for diabetic cats. When he died on Tuesday, he weighed less than a gallon of milk.

Danger was a good friend. He had spent the last (almost) 12 years with me. I will miss him always. Here is a pic of my oldest friend...

RIP Danger. Luv & miss you.
« Last Edit: Oct 12th, 2006, 10:53pm by YoursGOOLY » IP Logged

Shannon
WOG Administrator

View Profile Email

Re: No more pets for me...
« Reply #1 on: Oct 13th, 2006, 7:13am »

I've very sorry for you loss Melissa Cry I have 3 cats and know how hard it is to lose a pet. One of my cats is 14 and showing early signs of developing diabetes....he drinks water all the time. I worry about him constantly.

Danger does look like a Garfield. What a sweet picture.
« Last Edit: Oct 13th, 2006, 7:14am by Shannon » IP Logged

If you need help, please email me at [email protected]

Raven
Goo God

I'm Loyal Like A Stray!~

ravengoo
View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #2 on: Oct 13th, 2006, 12:08pm »

OMG Melissa, I am so sorry! I had my cat for 20 years before I was forced to put him down from complications of kidney failure. That was the most devastating thing I ever had to do in my life. I know exactly what you are going through, and I'm sorry for your loss. Losing a pet is like losing a member of the family. My thoughts and prayers are with you. Danger was absolutely adorable!  Embarassed

I adopted two cats after my cat was put down, and one of the two I adopted from the Humane Society ended up saving my life. I would say to give it awhile before making any decisions on future pets. You did give Danger a wonderful home, and he will be forever grateful to you for all your love and compassion. Smiley
« Last Edit: Oct 13th, 2006, 12:33pm by Raven » IP Logged

"Let Me Remind You, The Light Doesn't Blind You At All-- It Just Helps You See."
nmf016
Thread Killer
Goo God

Slashephant

blurb900
View Profile

« Reply #3 on: Oct 15th, 2006, 11:55pm »

I'm so sorry to hear that you lost your cat.  It's so hard putting a pet down, but just be comforted in knowing that you made his life, as well as the end of his life, as comfortable as possible.  

I still feel so sad thinking about putting my 15 year old cat Lucky down three years ago, but I still like to think about how much I loved him and how cool he was.
IP Logged
Hysteria
I'm Addicted

Heavenly intoxication <3

drummer078
View Profile

« Reply #4 on: Oct 16th, 2006, 1:16pm »

He's adorable, i'm so sorry for your loss. I remember when I came home from college and found my cat had died. At least he had a long and loving time with him.  Smiley

:grouphug:
IP Logged

♥ Charlie ♥

pink boa lady
Goo God

4/24/99 taken Ruston, LA-Rite-Aid Signed 12/2/02

cassiet76   sassycassie76
View Profile Email

« Reply #5 on: Oct 25th, 2006, 9:53pm »

i'm so sorry for you...i've been giving my babies big hugs.  

and now today i come home to find my albino aquatic frog Two, laying perfectly flat on the bottom of his tank. Cry i know he's just a frog, but i got him right after my dad died last year and he even survived being in the car evacuating the hurricane....which i thought was sure death since my cat loved to stare at him in the tank that was his "traveling" home (one of those 1 gallon pitchers with the flip top).  

big hugs
IP Logged

GGD fan since '98.
Mom to Thomas and Henry!
YoursGOOLY
Goo God

View Profile

« Reply #6 on: Oct 30th, 2006, 10:41pm »

Thanks everyone for your kind words... It has really helped me deal with yet another loss this year.  Tongue
IP Logged

Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Off Topic Board

Goo Goo Dolls Board

If you need to email...[email protected] or [email protected]
Attachments are never sent out with these email addresses.

The World of Goo Boards » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

[MFC]