Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Login Login
The World of Goo Boards « Recent college graduates »

The World of Goo Boards
   Off Topic Board
   Off Topic Board
(Moderators: Shannon, Adela)
   Recent college graduates
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Recent college graduates  (Read 658 times)
iris3732
Goo God

I can feel it like a curse.

View Profile

Recent college graduates
« on: Jul 30th, 2006, 2:24pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

One of my friends just graduated college and I wanted some ideas for a good present. When I graduated all I wanted was money but I know for a fact she doesn't really need that.

Any ideas? She was a business major....I just wanted to know if anyone could think back to something they really could have used after they graduated.
IP Logged

all I can do is try not to screw this up again
and just be friends
i'd rather be dead
~the marvelous 3

you say it's a good thing
that you float in the air....
~weezer
rzezniksangel
Goo God

rzezniksangel
View Profile

Re: Recent college graduates
« Reply #1 on: Jul 30th, 2006, 8:22pm »

I graduated with a marketing degree a few years ago and my best friend took me to Disney for the weekend.  Granted, we only live 3 hours from Orlando, but a nice little getaway, no matter where you go, is always a welcomed gift after you spent 4 years in college!

Maybe a nice totebag style purse so she can carry a file folder with her resumes in when she goes on interviews, and still be able to fit her every day stuff in it too.  Or a gift card to somewhere that she likes to shop so she can buy some business attire?

I'm sure you'll pick out the perfect gift!  
IP Logged
sofaraway7
I'm Addicted

Feel this moment in you

sunglsesatnite
View Profile

Re: Recent college graduates
« Reply #2 on: Aug 7th, 2006, 12:14am »

I made my 2 roomies powerpoint slideshows. I used the TONS of pics I'd taken over the past 4 years, arranged them chronologically, and used the ppt's animations to sync them up to music--songs that had come out during college, songs we'd jumped around to late at night, and songs that we made memories to.  

It took forever, but they turned out GREAT, and we cried our freakin' eyes out while watching them on the last night before we left.

A particularly useful gift I got from one of my friends was personalized stationery. Now that I'm interviewing for jobs, I have nice professional  cards with my name on them to send as "thanks for the interview" follow-ups.
IP Logged
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Off Topic Board

Goo Goo Dolls Board

If you need to email...[email protected] or [email protected]
Attachments are never sent out with these email addresses.

The World of Goo Boards » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

[MFC]