Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Login Login
The World of Goo Boards « A small request on my part.... »

The World of Goo Boards
   Off Topic Board
   Off Topic Board
(Moderators: Shannon, Adela)
   A small request on my part....
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1 2 3 4  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: A small request on my part....  (Read 3893 times)
DWG

Email

Re: A small request on my part....
« Reply #10 on: Jul 16th, 2006, 10:37pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

Forbes, I'm sorry to hear that your grandma passed away. It sounds like she went through a lot.

Melissa, the situation at the hospital where your grandmother is sounds really bad. I hope, like you say, that when she goes, she will be in no pain.
IP Logged
your_mom
Dizzy

purdy_lady_00  
View Profile

« Reply #11 on: Jul 17th, 2006, 12:59am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

that sucks hun.  You are in my prayers
IP Logged

If maturity were a gasoline, you couldnt power an ant's go cart around a donut.
Raven
Goo God

I'm Loyal Like A Stray!~

ravengoo
View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #12 on: Jul 17th, 2006, 2:49am »

on Jul 16th, 2006, 7:11pm, sympathy_0 wrote:
Aw im so sorry. I know what your going through, my grandma past away early this morning...

Sympathy_O, I am so sorry to hear that you're grandma passed away. My thoughts and prayers are with you, and I pray that God will send his Angels to comfort you, and give you strength during this very difficult time. I lost both my grandparents at an early age, but you never ever forget it. Time heals, but you never forget. Let us know how you'e doing, and if there is anything I can do! I'm here if you need anything! Please take care of you! Cry

on Jul 15th, 2006, 8:57pm, rzezniksangel wrote:
 Well, yesterday, we were given the horrific news that sometime in the next 24-48 hours, her heart will give out and she will pass away.

Melissa, I was extremely distressed when I read this update on your grandmother. She has been in my thoughts and prayers since I found out. My prayer is that some divine intervention will take place, or some miracle will happen. If it is her time to go, I pray she goes in her sleep too, and in the company of Angels. Her last breath here will be her first in Heaven, but I believe in miracles! God Bless you my friend. My thoughts and prayers continue, and I'm praying for a miracle. Doctors are not always right, and I've seen miracles happen! I am with you in spirit. If you need anything please let me know. God doesn't allow anything to happen that is not His will. Much love to you and your family in your time of sorrow. Cry

on Jul 16th, 2006, 8:24pm, rzezniksangel wrote:
And to make matters worse, my dad called me this morning to inform me that my grandfather (who lives in vermont) has to go into the hospital to have fluid drained from his lungs, and that his doctors have started to give him morphine to make him comfortable.  He was diagnosed with terminal cancer in December of last year, and originally was only given weeks to live...he's beaten that...but time is running out for him as well. Oh, and my great uncle passed away on Thursday morning too.  

Man, you have so much on your plate right now! I'm really sorry Mel, I just can't put into words what I'm feeling. I just hate knowing that a Goo friend is going through such a difficult time. I'm so far away, and I feel helpless. Please know my love, thoughts and prayers are with you. If you need to talk, or anything- please let me know. I'm here for you! Big hugs! I'll just keep on praying for your grandmother and grandfather, and for a miracle. It doesn't hurt to ask God for help, and I'm bombarding the heavens. God Bless you and yours! Keep us updated!  Embarassed

I am so sorry to hear about your uncle too! You are being hit left and right! My condolences go out to you and your family. Like I said, you have so much going on. I pray that God will send his Angels to comfort you, and give you strength during this time! I pray that things to lighten up in your world soon!  :sad:
« Last Edit: Jul 17th, 2006, 3:03am by Raven » IP Logged

"Let Me Remind You, The Light Doesn't Blind You At All-- It Just Helps You See."
Johns_chick
Goo God

Best night of my life April 21,2006 i met Goo!!!!

View Profile

« Reply #13 on: Jul 19th, 2006, 6:05pm »

You are all in my prayers and i am so so sorry for your losses.  Kiss Kiss Kiss :grouphug:!!
IP Logged

"All you can do is do what you're doing and keep asking yourself, 'Is this a) What I want to be doing, and b) Do I look like an idiot doing it?' If the answer to both questions is correct, on you go." Robby Takac
rzezniksangel
Goo God

rzezniksangel
View Profile

« Reply #14 on: Jul 20th, 2006, 9:40pm »

Thank you all again, from the bottom of my heart.  My family appreciates all of your thoughts and prayers.  Hopefully they are the reason that my grandma is still with us....still fighting...I see it in her eyes.  This is very hard on me, and knowing that you are all here for me to lean on really means the world to me.  I'll keep you updated if anything changes in her condition.
IP Logged
rzezniksangel
Goo God

rzezniksangel
View Profile

« Reply #15 on: Jul 28th, 2006, 9:20pm »

I have some better news to report.  As of yesterday, my grandma is off of the ventilator, and now down to only the oxygen mask.  Tomorrow, they are supposed to remove both the mask and feeding tube, so she'll be breathing on her own, and the food will be going through her IV.  Right now, our only worry is that she had a stroke about a week and a half ago...so once the effects of the sedatives wear off, we'll see how badly she was effected by it.  But until then, we're very hopeful for somewhat of a recovery.

I want to thank you all again, from the bottom of my heart, for your thoughts and prayers.  I truly believe that they are part of the cause of her slow recovery.
IP Logged
DWG

Email

« Reply #16 on: Jul 31st, 2006, 10:53pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

That is good news, Melissa.
I hope your grandmother continues to improve every day.
IP Logged
iris3732
Goo God

I can feel it like a curse.

View Profile

« Reply #17 on: Aug 1st, 2006, 7:18am »

That's great news!! I will continue to keep her in my thoughts. Keep us posted.
IP Logged

all I can do is try not to screw this up again
and just be friends
i'd rather be dead
~the marvelous 3

you say it's a good thing
that you float in the air....
~weezer
Shannon
WOG Administrator

View Profile Email

« Reply #18 on: Aug 1st, 2006, 10:48am »

Thanks for keeping us posted Melissa. I'm glad to hear she's doing better.
IP Logged

If you need help, please email me at [email protected]

rzezniksangel
Goo God

rzezniksangel
View Profile

« Reply #19 on: Aug 1st, 2006, 9:56pm »

I wish I had good news tonight.  In spite of everything looking good last week...Saturday morning grandma went back onto the ventilator.  She's now on dialysis as well....to aid in her renal failure (kidneys not working), she's jaundice, has sepsis, and will probably have a trachiostomy sometime in the next few days.  So I really haven't had a good couple of days.

And to top it all off....my grandpa (the one in vermont) has been put on hospice, and will most likely not make it through the next 24 hours.  He told my dad at 1:15 this afternoon that he's ready to die, and that he would hold out until he got up there so he could say goodbye.  Dad got there about 2 hours ago....and made sure he got the chance to call and say goodbye to me as well.  

I'm having a really rough time with all of this, and knowing that you're all here really does mean alot to me.  I may not say it all that often, but I really do love all of you....you're like an extension of my family!
IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 4  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Off Topic Board

Goo Goo Dolls Board

If you need to email...[email protected] or [email protected]
Attachments are never sent out with these email addresses.

The World of Goo Boards » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

[MFC]