Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Login Login
The World of Goo Boards « A small request on my part.... »

The World of Goo Boards
   Off Topic Board
   Off Topic Board
(Moderators: Shannon, Adela)
   A small request on my part....
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1 2 3  4 Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: A small request on my part....  (Read 3892 times)
rzezniksangel
Goo God

rzezniksangel
View Profile

A small request on my part....
« on: Jul 15th, 2006, 8:57pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

For the past month, my grandmother has been in the hospital.  She went to the emergency room on 6/18 (we were at her house for dinner celebrating my birthday), and wound up having her gall bladder removed...ELEVEN DAYS LATER.  As a result of the massive amount of morphine that was in her body, as well as the surgery/anesthesia, she has gone into congestive heart failure.  She has been in the ICU for 7 days now, and is on a ventilator to breathe for her, in hopes that her heart would regain some strength and she would be okay.  Well, yesterday, we were given the horrific news that sometime in the next 24-48 hours, her heart will give out and she will pass away.  This is a very painful ordeal for my family as we are all very close.  I've done nothing but cry for days now.  Especially since last night and this morning she was somewhat coherent and had her eyes open....comminicating with us by squeezing her hands, moving her feet, and making some facial expressions.  I'm having an extremely hard time facing this tragedy, and only ask that you all say a prayer for us to be able to get through this together.  I don't know what I would do without my Goo buddies....you guys are the best!
IP Logged
Shannon
WOG Administrator

View Profile Email

Re: A small request on my part....
« Reply #1 on: Jul 15th, 2006, 9:30pm »

Awwww....I'm so sorry to hear about your grandmother. I know exactly what it's like to go through that whole ordeal. My grandfather suffered from congestive heart failure for years before he passed. I will definitely keep you and your family in my prayers.  

Big Goo group hug  :grouphug:
IP Logged

If you need help, please email me at [email protected]

DWG

Email

« Reply #2 on: Jul 15th, 2006, 11:57pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

Prayers going out to you, your family, and most of all...your grandmother.
IP Logged
tkc1989
Goo God

~...Tonight's the night the world begins again...~

View Profile

« Reply #3 on: Jul 16th, 2006, 4:16am »

I'm so sorry about your grandmother Cry prayers going out to your whole family :grouphug:
IP Logged

YoursGOOLY
Goo God

View Profile

« Reply #4 on: Jul 16th, 2006, 1:00pm »

So sorry to hear that...like I said, we are here for you. Take care & God bless you and your family.  Kiss
Melissa
a.k.a.
Mellie-Goo
IP Logged

Dream of Goo
I'm Addicted

'DreamAway'

View Profile

« Reply #5 on: Jul 16th, 2006, 1:03pm »

Sorry to hear that and will send  a prayer. Take care through this time.
IP Logged

"I'm trying to picture some little girl who's favorite bands are like the Goo Goo Dolls and Savage Garden or 'N Sync goin 'Aw, that Johnny is so cute. I'm going to buy all his early records,' and putting it on and then screaming and running to her parents."~ Robby Takac

iris3732
Goo God

I can feel it like a curse.

View Profile

« Reply #6 on: Jul 16th, 2006, 5:19pm »

That's so sudden Sad My sincerest sympathies to you and your family.
IP Logged

all I can do is try not to screw this up again
and just be friends
i'd rather be dead
~the marvelous 3

you say it's a good thing
that you float in the air....
~weezer
pink boa lady
Goo God

4/24/99 taken Ruston, LA-Rite-Aid Signed 12/2/02

cassiet76   sassycassie76
View Profile Email

« Reply #7 on: Jul 16th, 2006, 5:30pm »

oh melissa, i'm so sorry. let me know if there's anything i can do. sending big gooey hugs and prayers to you and the family.
IP Logged

GGD fan since '98.
Mom to Thomas and Henry!
sympathy_0
Goo God

Never you mind.

View Profile WWW

« Reply #8 on: Jul 16th, 2006, 7:11pm »

Aw im so sorry. I know what your going through, my grandma past away early this morning..

She had 2 heart attacks and a stroke, and after the stroke she was left paralazied on one side and coherent. She couldnt recognize anyone. She needs dialasis becasue her kidneys dont work, so they didnt want to feed her. If they did feed her then dialasis, she would die, because it would be too much for her. So they put in a feeding tube, and gave her morphine to make her pass more peacefully. Shes gone now..

But i hope you and your family does good...
IP Logged

www.youtube.com/forbuss
rzezniksangel
Goo God

rzezniksangel
View Profile

« Reply #9 on: Jul 16th, 2006, 8:24pm »

sympathy_0, I am so sorry to hear about your sad news.  My prayers are also with you & your family at this very difficult time.  

My only hope is that when my grandma finally does pass away, that she goes in her sleep and doesn't feel anything.  We've learned alot of bad things about the hospital she's in over the past few days, and are actually conferring with several families of other patients in the ICU....who are in similar situations to ours.  Things are not looking good for the hospital either....

And to make matters worse, my dad called me this morning to inform me that my grandfather (who lives in vermont) has to go into the hospital to have fluid drained from his lungs, and that his doctors have started to give him morphine to make him comfortable.  He was diagnosed with terminal cancer in December of last year, and originally was only given weeks to live...he's beaten that...but time is running out for him as well.

Oh, and my great uncle passed away on Thursday morning too.  Yeah....things are intense to say the least.

Thank you all for your thoughts and prayers....you don't know how much it really does mean to me!
IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3  4 Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Off Topic Board

Goo Goo Dolls Board

If you need to email...[email protected] or [email protected]
Attachments are never sent out with these email addresses.

The World of Goo Boards » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

[MFC]