Banner by laurengoo

WOG link calendar link
Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Login Login
The World of Goo Boards « Goo Greatest Hits Rarieties TRACK LIST (???) »

The World of Goo Boards
   Goo Goo Dolls
   Goo Goo Dolls
(Moderators: Shannon, Adela)
   Goo Greatest Hits Rarieties TRACK LIST (???)
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1 2 3  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Goo Greatest Hits Rarieties TRACK LIST (???)  (Read 4415 times)
djgeneral
Dizzy

GOO GOO DOLLS

adaytobeaone
View Profile

Goo Greatest Hits Rarieties TRACK LIST (???)
« on: Jan 12th, 2008, 11:31am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

I've heard this is the list for the CD. (Now set for an April 15th release)

DISC 1
1. In The Mist (New Recording)
2. Back To Back (Replacements Cover)
3. Take Me Out  
4. Streets Of Philadelphia/Buffalo (Bruce Springsteen Cover)
5. Iris [Demo Version]
6. Lazy Eye
7. Black Balloon (Robby Vocals)
8. Pocket Watch (New Recording)
9. Blood
10. 2(9) Days In February  
11. Acoustic #4 (New Recording)
12. I'm Awake Now
13. Bitch
14. Hate This Place (New Mix)
15. Before It's Too Late [Instrumental] [Bonus]

DISC 2
1. Complete RED ROCKS concert
2. Bonus Features: Soundcheck
3. Interview With The Goo Goo Dolls

At this time, I cannot reveal the source. I know that may raise a red flag, and I am sorry, so take this for what you will.
IP Logged

My first Goo Goo Dolls concert: August 26!
Freedom Hill in Michigan.
Yay!
nmf016
Thread Killer
Goo God

Slashephant

blurb900
View Profile

Re: Goo Greatest Hits Rarieties TRACK LIST (???)
« Reply #1 on: Jan 12th, 2008, 12:29pm »

I'm gonna go ahead and call a fake.  If I'm wrong, I'm wrong...

A.  No source and therefore no credibility.

B.  
2. Back To Back (Replacements Cover) - I'd like to think they'd pick a cooler 'Mats song  
3. Take Me Out - Since there's no description, I'm assuming this is supposed to be "Take Me Out to the Ballgame"?  No way they'd put a cheesy novelty song on here before awesome songs like Nothing Change Change You or Don't Change.  And no way they'd put it at track 3.
4. Streets Of Philadelphia/Buffalo (Bruce Springsteen Cover) - No way they'd change words
7. Black Balloon (Robby Vocals) - Seems like a terrible idea.  Like the song, love Robby, but they don't go together.
10. 2(9) Days In February - What?  I'd like to believe they wouldn't have done ANOTHER remake of Two Days.  And I don't think they'd play off an old title.  
11. Acoustic #4 (New Recording) - See #10.
13. Bitch - Just seems unlikely with the Lance vocals and all... I also suspect they'd favor B-Sides from Mike's days rather than George's.

C. Skeptical on the video disc because Robby said he was looking at old PBS and VH1 footage to include, which seems to not be present.

I believe Lazy Eye will be on there and I believe the possible date.  And that's about it...

IP Logged
Calla
Naked

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile

« Reply #2 on: Jan 12th, 2008, 1:35pm »

Thanks for the read..
IP Logged
carlyn
Goo God

You drown in deeper oceans Inventing new religions

View Profile

« Reply #3 on: Jan 12th, 2008, 1:49pm »

I agree with nmf009 for all the same reasons.  Plus "In the Mist" and "Pocket Watch" don't seem like titles they would name their songs either.
IP Logged
zomg
Goo God

View Profile

« Reply #4 on: Jan 12th, 2008, 1:55pm »

I'm inclined to agree with Nicole.  The track listing sounds fake to me.  I could see Lazy Eye and I'm Awake Now being on there, an instrumental of Before It's Too Late, and a cover of a Replacements song, of course.

But the rest seems a bit far fetched ...  
a) Black Balloon with Robby on vocals doesn't seem likely at all; they just don't go together at all
b) a new mix of Hate This Place; wasn't that just filler on the Dizzy Up The Girl album
c) Acoustic #4 and 29 Days In February; they sound more like puns than actual songs
d) Pocket Watch and In The Mist; WTF?!
e) Bitch; didn't George do the drums on that track; if they couldn't use the original Name for the first Greatest Hits CD because of George's drumming, it doesn't seem likely this would be on the second Greatest Hits CD either
f) Blood; is this suppose to be In Your Blood? If it is, I could somewhat believe it could be on there
g) Streets of Philadelphia; I think John mentionned he liked Bruce Springsteen, but I don't think they'd be cheesy enough to change the lyrics to be about Buffalo
h) Iris Demo; ugh, put this song out of its misery already

I could go on, but I'm already sick of it.
(Plus there's no version of Give A Little Bit on it.  Cheesy)
« Last Edit: Jan 12th, 2008, 1:56pm by zomg » IP Logged
nmf016
Thread Killer
Goo God

Slashephant

blurb900
View Profile

« Reply #5 on: Jan 12th, 2008, 3:08pm »

on Jan 12th, 2008, 1:55pm, the festive o wrote:

b) a new mix of Hate This Place; wasn't that just filler on the Dizzy Up The Girl album

That deserves a banning, Mike.  Until then, here's a frowny face to show my disapproval.  Angry
Quote:
d) Pocket Watch and In The Mist; WTF?!

I didn't say anything about these because who knows what to except fron new songs, but I agree with Mike and Carlyn, these are very unlikely titles coming from the Goos.  Also, I can't imagine that if there will be new songs on this album that they would have been recorded yet, and therefore wouldn't have proper names yet.
Quote:
e) Bitch; didn't George do the drums on that track; if they couldn't use the original Name for the first Greatest Hits CD because of George's drumming, it doesn't seem likely this would be on the second Greatest Hits CD either

I had speculated on GHV1 that the rerecording of Name was done to avoid costs, but it was never officially stated by anyone.  Also, they'd still be allowed to use George's drumming, as shown by EOAC, they'd just have to pay him.  And since I expect there to already be covers on this album, they'll have to pay some people anyways, so it's likely there will be some George drumming (even though I do think they'll favor Mike-era songs).
Quote:
h) Iris Demo; ugh, put this song out of its misery already

Hahahahahaha.  For some reason I'm okay with the chance of an Iris demo.  I feel like Iris was famous enough to make another appearance.  

Oh, and I'd like to point out that it is almost of unheard of to have a tracklisting out 3 months before the supposed release date.  And I'd like to think that they'll utilize the space on this cd and fill it with 20ish tracks.

And it's already been arranged that if GALB is on here in any form, Drew's coming to Buffalo and we're slapping every member of the band.  Feel free to join us.  Cheesy
« Last Edit: Jan 12th, 2008, 3:15pm by nmf016 » IP Logged
nmf016
Thread Killer
Goo God

Slashephant

blurb900
View Profile

« Reply #6 on: Jan 12th, 2008, 4:47pm »

And none of the supposed new songs are listed in the ASCAP database as John's, Robby's, or the band's.  

As comparison, Tuesday is listed as written by John and performed by the Goos.
IP Logged
DWG

Email

« Reply #7 on: Jan 12th, 2008, 5:44pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

Hopefully, anything labelled as a "new recording" doesn't indicate a song that was left off of Let Love In. Because I  would assume they chose the best available songs to go on the album. And if something was worse than those...

Lips Sealed

Anyhow, I like surprises. I will wait to see the track list when it comes out. Not much of a gambler, I am.
« Last Edit: Jan 12th, 2008, 5:45pm by Dances_with_Goo » IP Logged
The Cerulean O
Goo God

Goddamn it, I hate side quests.

sweetcharade93
View Profile

« Reply #8 on: Jan 12th, 2008, 6:19pm »

on Jan 12th, 2008, 12:29pm, nmf009 wrote:

7. Black Balloon (Robby Vocals) - Seems like a terrible idea.  Like the song, love Robby, but they don't go together.

Actually, you'd be surprised. Did you ever see/hear any of Name from the Cleveland show? Because you'd never think of Robby singing it before Johnny made him, but it totally works.
Even Mike singing that song works...Trust me, I was there...
IP Logged

I made it. Ask before you take it, yo.
nmf016
Thread Killer
Goo God

Slashephant

blurb900
View Profile

« Reply #9 on: Jan 12th, 2008, 9:09pm »

on Jan 12th, 2008, 6:19pm, The Cerulean O wrote:

Actually, you'd be surprised. Did you ever see/hear any of Name from the Cleveland show? Because you'd never think of Robby singing it before Johnny made him, but it totally works.
Even Mike singing that song works...Trust me, I was there...

Yes, I've seen/heard Robby and Mike singing Name.  Mike singing (dramatically reciting Chris Walken style) did not work for me and if I remember correctly, Robby sounded fine, but Name and Black Balloon are two very different hurdles.  And in my opinion, it seems like a terrible idea.  No worries though, because the more I think about it, the more I know there's no chance in hell this is a real tracklist.
IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Off Topic Board

Goo Goo Dolls Board

If you need to email...[email protected] or [email protected]
Attachments are never sent out with these email addresses.

The World of Goo Boards » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

[MFC]