Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Login Login
The World of Goo Boards « Admirals Welcome the Goo Goo Dolls January 5th »

The World of Goo Boards
   Goo Goo Dolls
   Goo Goo Dolls
(Moderators: Shannon, Adela)
   Admirals Welcome the Goo Goo Dolls January 5th
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Admirals Welcome the Goo Goo Dolls January 5th  (Read 2934 times)
Shannon
WOG Administrator

View Profile Email

« on: Dec 3rd, 2007, 12:48pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

12/03/07 - American Hockey League (AHL) Milwaukee Admirals

Milwaukee, WI-Milwaukee Admirals President Jon Greenberg announced today that nationally renowned recording artist The Goo Goo Dolls will perform after the team's game against the Chicago Wolves on January 5th, 2008 at the Bradley Center. Because of the concert, the time of the game has been moved up from 7:30 pm to 6:30 pm.

"We have hosted many great acts over the years, but we have never had an act in their prime like we have with the Goo Goo Dolls," said Greenberg. "With Chicago as our opponent and the Goo Goo Dolls concert after the game, January 5th will no doubt be a fabulous night for our fans."

Twenty years after the Goo Goo Dolls got their start in Buffalo, NY they have released their first greatest hits album, the 12th album in a streak of chart-toppers. Their unique blend of pop and rock has made them a staple on the alternative music scene. Their newest single "Before It's Too Late" was recently featured on the soundtrack for the movie Transformers.

In 1998, the band released Dizzy Up The Girl which received unprecedented success. The album was certified triple platinum and earned them three Grammy nominations. Their biggest hit, "Iris," topped the Billboard Hot 100 Airplay chart for 18 weeks. The album also produced three more top ten singles, "Slide," "Black Balloon," and "Broadway."

Marking their 20th anniversary in 2006, the Goo Goo Dolls released their 10th album, Let Love In, which has spawned four top ten singles including "Give A Little Bit" and "Better Days." The success of this album gave the band an impressive 12 top ten singles.

The band is currently comprised of lead singer and guitarist John Rzeznik, and bassist Robby Takac, both of whom were founding members in 1986. Drummer Mike Malinin joined the group in 1994, followed by guitarist Gage Naylor in 1995.

The performance by the Goo Goo Dolls is the first post-game concert the Admirals will host for their fans this season. The concert is free to attend with an Admirals game ticket

Fans can purchase tickets for January 5th, or any Admirals game, by calling Ticketmaster at (414) 276-4545 or online at www.ticketmaster.com. Groups of ten or more people receive a minimum of $2 off of each ticket. For more information or to order group tickets call the Admirals office at (414) 227-0550.

http://www.oursportscentral.com/services/releases/?id=3566151
IP Logged

If you need help, please email me at [email protected]

d.e.n.i.s.e.
Goo God

aka "the orange o"

View Profile

Re: Admirals Welcome the Goo Goo Dolls January 5th
« Reply #1 on: Dec 3rd, 2007, 6:57pm »

Who the heck is Gage Naylor?
IP Logged

[img][/img]
nmf016
Thread Killer
Goo God

Slashephant

blurb900
View Profile

« Reply #2 on: Dec 3rd, 2007, 11:08pm »

Ha hahahahaha... I have no idea who Gage Naylor is.  That doesn't even vaguely resemble a band member or side guy's name.  I even Googled the name to see if he belonged to some other band and there is no such person.  Excellent.
IP Logged
zomg
Goo God

View Profile

« Reply #3 on: Dec 3rd, 2007, 11:33pm »

LOL! Glad I'm not the only one who wondered who the hell that person was?!

Mystery solved ...
Click here
« Last Edit: Dec 4th, 2007, 8:28am by zomg » IP Logged
jetskiters
Dizzy

jetskiters   jetskiters
View Profile

« Reply #4 on: Dec 5th, 2007, 1:48am »

hmmm link doesn't work for me mikey  Sad the suspense is killing meeee looooool  Cheesy
« Last Edit: Dec 5th, 2007, 1:53am by jetskiters » IP Logged
nmf016
Thread Killer
Goo God

Slashephant

blurb900
View Profile

« Reply #5 on: Dec 5th, 2007, 10:45am »

From now on, I'm going to respond to every stupid article written about the Goos with "Why didn't you mention Gage Naylor?"
IP Logged
d.e.n.i.s.e.
Goo God

aka "the orange o"

View Profile

« Reply #6 on: Dec 5th, 2007, 3:20pm »

on Dec 5th, 2007, 3:09pm, Gage Naylor wrote:
Is Gage even a name? I've never heard it before, and man have I seen a variety of names at my job of reading applications.

If my memory serves me right (which is doesn't always do & I'm too lazy to look it up), it was the name of a character in a stephen king book. The kid that gets killed and brought back to life in Pet Cemetery.

IP Logged

[img][/img]
nmf016
Thread Killer
Goo God

Slashephant

blurb900
View Profile

« Reply #7 on: Dec 5th, 2007, 3:24pm »

More popular than I thought it would be...

Welcome, Gage Naylor!  I'm happy to know a member of the Goos is posting here.
IP Logged
Nicole
Goo God

View Profile

« Reply #8 on: Dec 5th, 2007, 5:00pm »

hahaha I almost changed my sn to Gage Naylor when I read this last night.
IP Logged
Shannon
WOG Administrator

View Profile Email

« Reply #9 on: Dec 12th, 2007, 1:53pm »

Apparently the game time has now been moved to 8pm to accommodate the Goos.

Game Time for January 5th Moved to 8:00 pm
12/12/07 - American Hockey League (AHL) Milwaukee Admirals

Milwaukee Admirals President Jon Greenberg announced today that the team's game versus the Chicago Wolves on Saturday, January 5th has been moved to 8:00 pm to accommodate a pre-game concert by The Goo Goo Dolls.

The concert will begin promptly at 5:45 pm with the doors to the Bradley Center opening at 5:00 pm. The concert is free with a ticket to the game.

Fans can purchase tickets for the January 5th, or any Admirals game, by calling Ticketmaster at (414) 276-4545 or online at www.ticketmaster.com. Groups of ten or more people receive a minimum of $2 off of each ticket. For more information or to order group tickets call the Admirals office at (414) 227-0550.

http://www.oursportscentral.com/services/releases/?id=3569466
IP Logged

If you need help, please email me at [email protected]

Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Off Topic Board

Goo Goo Dolls Board

If you need to email...[email protected] or [email protected]
Attachments are never sent out with these email addresses.

The World of Goo Boards » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

[MFC]