Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Login Login
The World of Goo Boards « Opinions please! »

The World of Goo Boards
   Goo Goo Dolls
   Goo Goo Dolls
(Moderators: Shannon, Adela)
   Opinions please!
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1 2  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Opinions please!  (Read 2973 times)
Shannon
WOG Administrator

View Profile Email

Opinions please!
« on: Aug 29th, 2007, 1:59pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

As you know I'm going to be updating the main WOG site as soon as I get login info.  

So that being said. What do you all think or want me to keep on the site and update and what do you think I should purge? What's essential to you ... what's not?  

I have a ton of updating to do so this will give me a good idea where to start.

IP Logged

If you need help, please email me at [email protected]

nmf016
Thread Killer
Goo God

Slashephant

blurb900
View Profile

Re: Opinions please!
« Reply #1 on: Aug 29th, 2007, 2:04pm »

No purging.  That is essential to me.  Update whatever you'd like, but keep whatever is on there.
IP Logged
Shannon
WOG Administrator

View Profile Email

« Reply #2 on: Aug 29th, 2007, 2:09pm »

Okay. Even the old, old fans' pics? I don't think any of those people even post here anymore.
IP Logged

nmf016
Thread Killer
Goo God

Slashephant

blurb900
View Profile

« Reply #3 on: Aug 29th, 2007, 2:11pm »

Oh, that.  Go ahead.  I was just thinking of the update archives and reviews and stuff.
IP Logged
Shannon
WOG Administrator

View Profile Email

« Reply #4 on: Aug 29th, 2007, 2:18pm »

No I wouldn't get rid of stuff like that. But those old, old fan pictures seem unnecessary. I'm sure there's more unneccessary stuff. That's why I wanted opinions.
IP Logged

Christina
Goo God

I got a head that don't let me sleef

View Profile WWW

« Reply #5 on: Aug 29th, 2007, 6:46pm »

Yeah, definitely dump the old fan photos... that's just taking up server space. Same for the Chat Directory, that's got to be all really old information.

The MTV News and Jam TV links under "info" are broken.

IMO the most important and informative things on the site are the FAQ, Discography, and live show calendar; so I'd give those priority.
IP Logged

"i have never wanted something so badly as having people just show up at ggd concerts dressed as presidential fruit"
Shannon
WOG Administrator

View Profile Email

« Reply #6 on: Aug 29th, 2007, 7:15pm »

Thanks for your opinion Pondering. The FAQ is going to be my first priority in updating. So if any of you have any updated facts please send them to me. I have the Gutterflower interviews on disc so I can listen to that and gets facts on Gutterflower but beyond that I lost alot of factual type stuff when my computer crashed. So any factual info any of you can send me would be so helpful.
IP Logged

Pon
Goo God

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

ai3oynamedgoo
View Profile

« Reply #7 on: Aug 29th, 2007, 7:19pm »

I think u should link youtube videos, especially on newer videos, such as "before it's too late" video and live performances.
IP Logged
DWG

Email

« Reply #8 on: Aug 29th, 2007, 8:26pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

Yeah, the first thing that came to my mind was those old pictures of fans. Other things that seem very outdated or unused are the Trading Board, Ticket Trade/Sell and Chat Directory, some of which were already mentioned.

That large news item from '05 on the main page reads like news, but is very out-of-date. Maybe it could be archived, or fall down the page as new items filter in.

I guess a lot of the stuff is present now on the message board as opposed to the main site (ie: more recent photos, show reviews, fan encounters/meet & greets), so I don't know if there's a need to be duplicative about putting any of those in both places. For instance, I was going to say the band images on the main site have been there forever, and most are old shots. I thought for a moment that we could add newer pictures, but we may be better off doing it as we have been, sharing them here within the forum. Getting permission to post and such might be too much of a headache if we tried to add more pics over on the main site.

We should be careful to keep things that are of a historical nature. Every now & then we have a question regarding "when/where was this or that..." and a lot of that info is contained in the links on the main site.
IP Logged
sympathy_0
Goo God

Never you mind.

View Profile WWW

« Reply #9 on: Aug 29th, 2007, 8:32pm »

I agree with everyone else on the fan picture things. Other than that, I don't think I go to anything else except the board. Of course, I will read lots of news. Smiley
And the Audio/Video Cheesy
IP Logged

www.youtube.com/forbuss
Pages: 1 2  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Off Topic Board

Goo Goo Dolls Board

If you need to email...[email protected] or [email protected]
Attachments are never sent out with these email addresses.

The World of Goo Boards » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

[MFC]