Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Login Login
The World of Goo Boards « Re: Name Change Thread: Now in 3D! »

The World of Goo Boards
   Goo Goo Dolls
   Goo Goo Dolls
(Moderators: Shannon, Adela)
   Re: Name Change Thread: Now in 3D!
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1 ... 97 98 99 100 101  ...  131 Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Re: Name Change Thread: Now in 3D!  (Read 200222 times)
lionhill
I'm Addicted

View Profile

« Reply #980 on: Apr 14th, 2008, 11:38am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

on Apr 14th, 2008, 10:03am, Shannon wrote:
YAY for you! You deserve the dancing banana for a first Goo show  :nanner: :nanner: :nanner: :nanner: :nanner: :nanner:

I also have to give you huge kudos for just jumping right into this thread. It intimidates many people. Wink

That banana never ceases to amuse me.  

Thanks! This thread did scare me a bit at first, but it's funny. The worst thing you could do is to bite my head off (not that you would do that. ..Right?), and if that was the case I'd run over to IM. Nah, I'll take my chances. You seem like a nice punch of people. Smiley
IP Logged

nmf016
Thread Killer
Goo God

Slashephant

blurb900
View Profile

« Reply #981 on: Apr 14th, 2008, 12:19pm »

YOU THINK WE'RE NICE?  WE'RE NOT NICE AND WE DIDN'T INVITE YOU INTO THIS THREAD.  WE WILL DESTROY YOU.

Kidding...I think we're all nice unless you go out of your way to lie or cause controversy.  And even then, we won't be mean, we'll probably just mock you.

Congrats on your first Goo show!  Cheesy
IP Logged
nmf016
Thread Killer
Goo God

Slashephant

blurb900
View Profile

« Reply #982 on: Apr 14th, 2008, 1:23pm »

on Apr 14th, 2008, 12:45pm, Shade wrote:

I wanna see dj's track list.

Is it sad that I'm longing for the imaginary track list now that I've seen the crapfest we're getting according to Amazon?
IP Logged
lionhill
I'm Addicted

View Profile

« Reply #983 on: Apr 14th, 2008, 1:38pm »

on Apr 14th, 2008, 12:46pm, Shade wrote:
Umm Name Change Thread 2 was 152 pages...we still have quite a ways...

I think I can help you with that. Quite an internet addict, y'see. Combined Goo and randomness will most likely make me go nuts.  

on Apr 14th, 2008, 12:19pm, nmf016 wrote:
YOU THINK WE'RE NICE?  WE'RE NOT NICE AND WE DIDN'T INVITE YOU INTO THIS THREAD.  WE WILL DESTROY YOU.

Kidding...I think we're all nice unless you go out of your way to lie or cause controversy.  And even then, we won't be mean, we'll probably just mock you.

Congrats on your first Goo show!  Cheesy

I understand why people might find just jumping into this thread scary.  
I'm hardly a controversial person, though, and I do believe that honesty is the best policy.  

Thanks for all the congratulations :] I'm absolutely stoked! I feel like such a Goo-newbie, though, but I can blame it on my country.
« Last Edit: Apr 14th, 2008, 1:41pm by lionhill » IP Logged

Nicole
Goo God

View Profile

« Reply #984 on: Apr 14th, 2008, 1:48pm »

Congratulations on your first concert! That's awesome! Have an amazing time. Cheesy

I peaked at your profile and noticed you're from Norway, my mom is Danish. Smiley I would love to visit Scandinavia again.
IP Logged
lionhill
I'm Addicted

View Profile

« Reply #985 on: Apr 14th, 2008, 3:54pm »

on Apr 14th, 2008, 1:48pm, Nicole wrote:
Congratulations on your first concert! That's awesome! Have an amazing time. Cheesy

I peaked at your profile and noticed you're from Norway, my mom is Danish. Smiley I would love to visit Scandinavia again.

I find semi- or partial-Scandinavians all over the internet. I tell you, it's scary. Have you only been to Denmark, or other parts as well? Not that it's that many places to go to that are interesting, but that might be me. I guess I'm biased.  

And thanks. I bet I will Cheesy
IP Logged

Nicole
Goo God

View Profile

« Reply #986 on: Apr 14th, 2008, 6:17pm »

on Apr 14th, 2008, 3:54pm, lionhill wrote:

I find semi- or partial-Scandinavians all over the internet. I tell you, it's scary. Have you only been to Denmark, or other parts as well? Not that it's that many places to go to that are interesting, but that might be me. I guess I'm biased.  

And thanks. I bet I will Cheesy

I've been to Sweden as well. It was a few years ago that I went. I had a good time, mostly visited family and did touristy things.
IP Logged
nmf016
Thread Killer
Goo God

Slashephant

blurb900
View Profile

« Reply #987 on: Apr 15th, 2008, 4:32pm »

Hey... anyone want to play "My iPod could shuffle a better tracklist" with me?  Rules are simple.  Shuffle your GGD section of your iPod, iTunes, or other mp3 player.  Skip anything that appeared on GHV1 or any repeats you might have (like There You are on HMU and EOAC).  No cheating!  

1 String of Lies
2 Tell Me
3 Hammerin' Eggs
4 Dizzy (live)
5 Wait For the Blackout
6 On Your Side
7 Somethin' Bad
8 Two Days in February (live)
9 Nothing Can Change You
10 Only One
11 Know My Name
12 All Eyes on Me
13 Road To Salinas
14 So Outta Line
15 Up, Up, Up
16 On the Lie
17 Iris (live)
18 On the Lie (demo with alt lyrics)
19 Hate This Place
20 Fallin' Down
21 So Far Away
22 Just the Way You Are
23 I'll Be There For You

Roll Eyes
Post yours!  Let's all laugh at the fact that our random selections made in 2 minutes are just as good (bad?) as what apparently took the band >7 months to put together.
IP Logged
DWG

Email

« Reply #988 on: Apr 15th, 2008, 11:59pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

This is a public opinion poll. Feel free to cast your vote.

My neighbor has started to do chores outside now that the weather is getting warmer. She brings her "boombox" out with her and blares her favorite music, which...unfortunately for me...consists of Celine Dion and other such poopance, like, I dunno..Michael Buble or some such thing. Anyway, she directs the speakers right toward my house and plays this music so loud I can hear it inside the house with all the windows closed. Gag me.

Should I:

a) Wait until she goes inside for a beverage, and run across the street with a garden implement and take a whack at the boombox?

b) Send an anonymous letter to her house suggesting that  perhaps she should not assume that everyone wants to hear her musical "selections"?

c) Retaliate with some of my musical selections, played at a volume of 10. I've got bagpipes, lady, and I ain't afraid to use 'em.  

d) Be a mensch and just go over there and ask her politely to please turn it down. This would be my usual MO, but it's so...boring.
IP Logged
nmf016
Thread Killer
Goo God

Slashephant

blurb900
View Profile

« Reply #989 on: Apr 16th, 2008, 12:41am »

A gives the best mental image.  D would probably resolve the issue the best.  I guess you could go over, with said tool, ask politely, and if she gives you any lip, smash the boombox right in front of her.  Or smash her.  It all depends on what sort of charges you're willing to have placed against you.

In semi-related news, two weekends ago, it was beautiful out and I had my window open, which faces out to the street.  The rednecks (we refer to two sets of neighbors by their last names, then there's the rednecks, the vampires, and the penguin and his wife) across the street were playing music outside ALL DAY LONG.  I couldn't make out what it was, but I could hear it from the time I got up to until after it was dark.  I was just about to go bitch about it to my dad when I realized the music was coming from the iPod and headphones sitting on a table in my room... I'm such an ass.
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 97 98 99 100 101  ...  131 Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Off Topic Board

Goo Goo Dolls Board

If you need to email...[email protected] or [email protected]
Attachments are never sent out with these email addresses.

The World of Goo Boards » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

[MFC]