Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Login Login
The World of Goo Boards « Re: Name Change Thread: Now in 3D! »

The World of Goo Boards
   Goo Goo Dolls
   Goo Goo Dolls
(Moderators: Shannon, Adela)
   Re: Name Change Thread: Now in 3D!
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1 ... 112 113 114 115 116  ...  131 Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Re: Name Change Thread: Now in 3D!  (Read 200447 times)
lionhill
I'm Addicted

View Profile

« Reply #1130 on: Aug 14th, 2008, 1:36pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

The demo made me so excited 8D I know how a lot of people aren't really looking forward to the CD, but I sure as hell am. I like having songs on a CD, not just from downloading.
IP Logged

lionhill
I'm Addicted

View Profile

« Reply #1131 on: Aug 19th, 2008, 1:00pm »

googoodolls.com has a new skin (or whatever you call it). Anyone love it as much as me? Cheesy
IP Logged

Shannon
WOG Administrator

View Profile Email

« Reply #1132 on: Aug 19th, 2008, 1:50pm »

Wow ... that's blue. I do like the color though.  

The one thing I HATE about that site is how the music automatically turns on. I hate any website that does that. It's startling and I just don't like it. I took a web design class and that was a huge design no no. I don't have a problem with the player on there and the option to listen to music. I just think it should be a choice if you want to listen to it when you go to a page and not be forced...rather startlingly I might add... to listen to it. I have to mute the sound before I go to that site now. I just don't like how Stay With You starts blaring! Phew....I'm done with my rant now Wink
IP Logged

If you need help, please email me at [email protected]

d.e.n.i.s.e.
Goo God

aka "the orange o"

View Profile

« Reply #1133 on: Aug 19th, 2008, 7:23pm »

on Aug 19th, 2008, 1:50pm, Shannon wrote:
Wow ... that's blue. I do like the color though.  

The one thing I HATE about that site is how the music automatically turns on. I hate any website that does that. It's startling and I just don't like it. I took a web design class and that was a huge design no no. I don't have a problem with the player on there and the option to listen to music. I just think it should be a choice if you want to listen to it when you go to a page and not be forced...rather startlingly I might add... to listen to it. I have to mute the sound before I go to that site now. I just don't like how Stay With You starts blaring! Phew....I'm done with my rant now Wink

That drives me crazy too, especially since I usually have multiple windows open. If more than one site that I'm one does that, then they play at the same time. And what's worse is when you can't turn the sound off except by turning all the sound off on your PC.  

IP Logged

[img][/img]
Shannon
WOG Administrator

View Profile Email

« Reply #1134 on: Aug 20th, 2008, 10:34am »

on Aug 19th, 2008, 7:23pm, d.e.n.i.s.e. wrote:

That drives me crazy too, especially since I usually have multiple windows open. If more than one site that I'm one does that, then they play at the same time. And what's worse is when you can't turn the sound off except by turning all the sound off on your PC.  

And.....it's not just playing quietly in the background. It's blaring!!! I just hate that. I actually avoid going to sites that do that. I don't go to ggd.com unless I have to and I always hit mute before I do.
IP Logged

If you need help, please email me at [email protected]

lionhill
I'm Addicted

View Profile

« Reply #1135 on: Aug 20th, 2008, 3:08pm »

on Aug 19th, 2008, 7:23pm, d.e.n.i.s.e. wrote:

Yeah, I don't like that either. You can mute only the web-page, though, but that depends on what kind of Windows you have, I think. I've got Vista, and I can turn off the sound on just the internet pages or AIM or iTunes.
IP Logged

nmf016
Thread Killer
Goo God

Slashephant

blurb900
View Profile

« Reply #1136 on: Aug 21st, 2008, 5:39pm »

Notable songs I have seen live that Drew has not.

Big Machine
Here Is Gone
Sympathy
Naked

Cheesy

Actually, now that I think about it, I saw all of those in the same concert.
IP Logged
nmf016
Thread Killer
Goo God

Slashephant

blurb900
View Profile

« Reply #1137 on: Aug 21st, 2008, 10:54pm »

I know I'm not getting anything crazy these next two nights, but I really really really want to see Here is Gone again.  They have not played it at a show I attended since 2004.  Undecided
IP Logged
nmf016
Thread Killer
Goo God

Slashephant

blurb900
View Profile

« Reply #1138 on: Aug 24th, 2008, 12:16am »

Not right now.  Just Phoenix and the AC NYE show if I recall correctly.
IP Logged
nmf016
Thread Killer
Goo God

Slashephant

blurb900
View Profile

« Reply #1139 on: Aug 28th, 2008, 3:13pm »

Today's obscure Goo news:

Paul Westerberg released a 20 minute 'song' yesterday and at about 3:18, he sings a line of "We Are the Normal".  It's not accidental, it is very intentionally covering the Goos' song. (If you write a song for a band and later record part of it youself, are you actually covering it?  Whatever.)

The full story for whoever may be interested in the drama currently surrounding Paul Westerberg:

Paul Westerberg recently decided to release this 'album' online with no notice whatsoever.  It was called 49:00, was 43:55 long, and was sold for $0.49 (unless you were an idiot like me and bought it for $0.89...).  It was this single track with a mash up of songs and got pretty weird and schizophrenic in places.  At the end, there was a couple minutes of him covering snippets of old 60/70s songs.  The album was pretty loved by everyone who heard it, but it was taken off of Amazon/Tunecore only a week or so after being released.  The assumed reason for its sudden disappearance was that one of the writers of one of the covered songs sued him to remove it.

A couple days later, a new song appeared on Tunecore with no announcement at all called 5:05, which seems to be Paul's direct response to whatever happened with 49:00.  It was kind of a 'fuck you' song.

Then, yesterday, because Paul Westerberg apparently is bored and wants to see what kind of legal trouble he can get himself in, another set of 'songs' appeared for download.  One of them is called '3oclockreep' and is filled with old Replacements' recordings of covers, Tom Waits cameos, and snippets of songs including We Are the Normal.  Now we wait and see if this download is removed.
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 112 113 114 115 116  ...  131 Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Off Topic Board

Goo Goo Dolls Board

If you need to email...[email protected] or [email protected]
Attachments are never sent out with these email addresses.

The World of Goo Boards » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

[MFC]