Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Login Login
The World of Goo Boards « Goos participate in MS fundraiser »

The World of Goo Boards
   Goo Goo Dolls
   Goo Goo Dolls
(Moderators: Shannon, Adela)
   Goos participate in MS fundraiser
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Goos participate in MS fundraiser  (Read 1188 times)
Shannon
WOG Administrator

View Profile Email

Goos participate in MS fundraiser
« on: Apr 13th, 2007, 11:30am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Two fundraisers to help fight MS

BY RICK COCA, Staff Writer
Article Last Updated: 04/12/2007 09:41:15 PM PDT

Two high-profile events tonight and Saturday will bring much needed attention to treating and finding a cure for multiple sclerosis, a disease of the central nervous system that afflicts about 300,000 Americans and more than 1 million people worldwide.  

Tonight's 14th annual Race to Erase MS promises to be a good time for a good cause. A throng of celebrities is expected at the gala event at the Hyatt Regency Century Plaza, including Ray Romano, Forest Whitaker and Eva Longoria.  

Keeping with this year's "Dance to Erase MS" theme, Designer Tommy Hilfiger, the gala's co-chairman, will present a celebrity fashion show featuring his dance-inspired designs. Musical guests include Earth Wind and Fire and Goo Goo Dolls. There will also be a live and silent auction.  

Last year's event raised more than $2.5 million for the Nancy Davis Foundation for MS, whose Nancy Davis Center Without Walls brings together physicians, scientists and other health experts to advance research for the cure and treatment of MS.  

Davis, who was diagnosed with MS in 1991 and then vowed to find a cure, started the Race to Erase MS in 1993. It has grown into a celebrity gala benefit held annually and co-sponsored by Tommy Hilfiger.  

On Saturday at 10:30 a.m., there will be an MS Roundtable at the Hyatt where a team of experts from around the county will discuss the latest updates in treatment and research. This event is free and open to the public.  

Tickets to the gala start at $1,000. To purchase, call (310) 440-4842. For more information, log on to www.erasems.org.  

[email protected]  

818-713-3329  

http://www.dailynews.com/news/ci_5656045
« Last Edit: Apr 13th, 2007, 11:31am by Shannon » IP Logged

If you need help, please email me at [email protected]

Shannon
WOG Administrator

View Profile Email

Re: Goos participate in MS fundraiser
« Reply #1 on: Apr 13th, 2007, 11:33am »

This is one of the things I like and respect so much about the guys ... their willingness to participate in charitable events. Go Goos!
IP Logged

ChickenCookie
I'm Addicted

When he takes me in his arms I see la vie en rose.

View Profile

« Reply #2 on: Apr 13th, 2007, 11:52am »

on Apr 13th, 2007, 11:33am, Shannon wrote:
This is one of the things I like and respect so much about the guys ... their willingness to participate in charitable events. Go Goos!

I agree.  My sister was diagnosed with MS several years ago, as well as a couple friends from high school.  The Buffalo region has the highest incident rate of MS in the entire country, and was home to the world's foremost MS researcher, Dr. Lawrence Jacobs, who sadly passed away a couple years ago.  It's a horrible disease, and I hope the work the Goos do can bring a cure someday.
IP Logged
Shannon
WOG Administrator

View Profile Email

« Reply #3 on: Apr 14th, 2007, 10:55am »

There are pictures up now on wireimage and Getty.  

http://www.wireimage.com/SearchResults.aspx?navtyp=SRH&sfld=C&lo gsrch=1&s=goo%20goo%20dolls

http://editorial.gettyimages.com/Search/Search.aspx
IP Logged

pink boa lady
Goo God

4/24/99 taken Ruston, LA-Rite-Aid Signed 12/2/02

cassiet76   sassycassie76
View Profile Email

« Reply #4 on: Apr 14th, 2007, 4:59pm »

wow, i love them even more!

my best friend was diagnosed with MS 18 months ago. hopefully there'll be a cure soon.
IP Logged

GGD fan since '98.
Mom to Thomas and Henry!
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Off Topic Board

Goo Goo Dolls Board

If you need to email...[email protected] or [email protected]
Attachments are never sent out with these email addresses.

The World of Goo Boards » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

[MFC]