Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Login Login
The World of Goo Boards « Re: ATTN: Name Change...Part II »

The World of Goo Boards
   Goo Goo Dolls
   Goo Goo Dolls
(Moderators: Shannon, Adela)
   Re: ATTN: Name Change...Part II
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1 ... 74 75 76 77 78  ...  131 Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Re: ATTN: Name Change...Part II  (Read 139279 times)
Shannon
WOG Administrator

View Profile Email

« Reply #750 on: Jun 12th, 2007, 9:10pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

on Jun 12th, 2007, 9:02pm, nmf016 wrote:
Goofan is retiring?!  NO!  Goofan makes me laugh.  Could he/she/it come back and say hello every now and then?

Kudos to everyone answering the questions.  You have amazing patience.

I have to say I'm feeling very foolish for answering all those questions. DREW! I could smack you. The last set I answered I was gritting my teeth thinking Goofan had to be the stupidest person on earth! I was about done with my patience...lol

How long did you think you could keep doing it before someone figured it out?

You definitely breathed new life into this thread though.
« Last Edit: Jun 12th, 2007, 9:10pm by Shannon » IP Logged

If you need help, please email me at [email protected]

nmf016
Thread Killer
Goo God

Slashephant

blurb900
View Profile

« Reply #751 on: Jun 12th, 2007, 11:28pm »

on Jun 12th, 2007, 11:07pm, Drew wrote:
Haha there were actually many times I felt guilty when you all answered the questions, but overall it was hilarious. My personal favorites were when he/she/it started a favorite album thread while the tournament was going on, and a favorite song thread while that tournament was going on.  

I had no idea how long I could keep it going...that's why I only used it every once in a while so people would sort of forget in between, but today I got a little greedy and posted one too many times.

The prank also fit perfectly in with the "Name Change" thread.  

It started on Jan 1st because it was something like I said I could go a long time without posting or whatever, but I wanted to reply to stuff so I made a new name. I named it John Rzeznik, not even thinking of using it as a prank, and then I felt bad when Shannon made me change it and thought I was a different person. One of my first posts was making the avatar for Blessed By Goo (when my name was still John Rzeznik) and nmf figured it out right then because the avatar was hotlinked from my photobucket account.  

When I changed the name to GooFan I decided I wanted to trick everyone into thinking it was a clueless Goo fan, so I made a couple stupid posts. In a chat shortly after that I think I revealed the secret to Nicole, Mike, and Lauren, then later nmf and I came up with some ideas to use with the name, but I forgot pretty much all of them. One of the ideas was to make the person completely ambiguous, creating a signature that sounded like a guy might have written it but an avatar that a girl might use.

Months later (about a month ago now) was when I did the first enslaught of noobish posts, then I did the second wave a couple days ago. It was critical that GooFan disregarded anything said after the first post, and didn't listen to anyone's responses. We had had something big planned to reveal it but I forgot what it was. I just hoped everyone would find it funny when it was discovered haha.

And this whole thing just made nmf believe more that I created Nicole aka The Purple O as a hoax too hahaha.

I hope I didn't anger/offend anyone. I just wanted it to be a big laugh for everyone in the end.

This post would have gotten a trophy if only Goofan had posted it instead.
IP Logged
nmf016
Thread Killer
Goo God

Slashephant

blurb900
View Profile

« Reply #752 on: Jun 12th, 2007, 11:28pm »

QVC curse!

:nanner:
IP Logged
Christina
Goo God

I got a head that don't let me sleef

View Profile WWW

« Reply #753 on: Jun 12th, 2007, 11:37pm »

Drew, I thought it was hilarious, hahaha. Grin I'm just the kind of person that can't let it slip when someone's being an idiot!(!!!!?Huh!Huh?!Huh!Huh!)

PS: actually the best board moment of my day was when I hotlinked a picture of a cake in the black o's birthday thread and it said "HAPPY BIRTHDAY MIKE!" and whoever I hotlinked it from edited it so it was a picture of a cake that said "Don't hotlink!" and I thought that was the most amazing thing ever and I almost left it there purely for the awesome.
IP Logged

"i have never wanted something so badly as having people just show up at ggd concerts dressed as presidential fruit"
nmf016
Thread Killer
Goo God

Slashephant

blurb900
View Profile

« Reply #754 on: Jun 12th, 2007, 11:42pm »

I thought the hotlink cake was pretty kind.  If I was setting up a filter to change the picture if it was hotlinked, the replacement photo would probably be vile.  Does that make me a jerk?

PS:  I totally thought you meant to post the hotlink cake.  I thought it was some sort of joke I missed out on.
IP Logged
Christina
Goo God

I got a head that don't let me sleef

View Profile WWW

« Reply #755 on: Jun 13th, 2007, 12:11am »

on Jun 12th, 2007, 11:42pm, nmf016 wrote:
I thought the hotlink cake was pretty kind.  If I was setting up a filter to change the picture if it was hotlinked, the replacement photo would probably be vile.  Does that make me a jerk?

PS:  I totally thought you meant to post the hotlink cake.  I thought it was some sort of joke I missed out on.

Hahahaha, nope. (And my no hotlinking sign is some big obnoxious lime green disaster, I believe, so I'm with you on that Tongue)
IP Logged

"i have never wanted something so badly as having people just show up at ggd concerts dressed as presidential fruit"
zomg
Goo God

View Profile

« Reply #756 on: Jun 13th, 2007, 9:27am »

I liked the "Don't Hotlink" cake. Grin
Actually I like any cake.
IP Logged
Shannon
WOG Administrator

View Profile Email

« Reply #757 on: Jun 13th, 2007, 10:20am »

on Jun 12th, 2007, 11:56pm, GooFan 29 wrote:
You all been punk'd!!!!

Huh

No kidding....lol  Move over Ashton there's a new master in town.

IP Logged

laurengoo
Goo God

a.k.a y2goo_4ever

y2goo4ever
View Profile Email

« Reply #758 on: Jun 13th, 2007, 10:31am »

Drew. You really had me fooled.

I was thinking in my head, this person is an idiot..I really did...lol.

I can be so gullible sometimes. Tongue
IP Logged

made by: Hysteria
Shannon
WOG Administrator

View Profile Email

« Reply #759 on: Jun 13th, 2007, 10:38am »

on Jun 13th, 2007, 10:31am, laurengoo wrote:
Drew. You really had me fooled.

I was thinking in my head, this person is an idiot..I really did...lol.

I can be so gullible sometimes. Tongue

You're not the only one. I was thinking that same exact thing in my head too. We really are a nice bunch that not one of us went off like we really wanted too.....lol
IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 74 75 76 77 78  ...  131 Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Off Topic Board

Goo Goo Dolls Board

If you need to email...[email protected] or [email protected]
Attachments are never sent out with these email addresses.

The World of Goo Boards » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

[MFC]