Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Login Login
The World of Goo Boards « New Album »

The World of Goo Boards
   Goo Goo Dolls
   Goo Goo Dolls
(Moderators: Shannon, Adela)
   New Album
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1 2  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: New Album  (Read 3299 times)
buffalowing43
Up, Up, Up

buffalowing43   sabrefan374
View Profile

New Album
« on: Jan 21st, 2005, 10:21am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Maybe i'm jumping to conclusions but its been over a week since GGD updated their GALB Journal...does anyone think that this means they have started on their new album? I reallly cant wait till it comes out and i wish i knew when they start(ed) recording and when it comes out
IP Logged

you're all i'm not. but i don't need what you ain't got.
DreamAway22
Goo God

View Profile

Re: New Album
« Reply #1 on: Jan 21st, 2005, 12:23pm »

I think I remember Robby saying they were going to start recording some time in January but you never know what is actually going on. I'm not sure the GALB journal really has anything to do with whether they have started or not...there once was a time when they didn't write an update for like 4 months!
IP Logged

blessed_by_goo
Goo God

THE HOLY O movin thru my soul likea hurricane wind

View Profile

« Reply #2 on: Jan 21st, 2005, 7:52pm »

Plus last I knew they were taking their time on a road trip              

:gflower:
« Last Edit: Jan 21st, 2005, 7:52pm by blessed_by_goo » IP Logged

Your luv is like a storm, I chase across the sky~

Pon
Goo God

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

ai3oynamedgoo
View Profile

« Reply #3 on: Jan 21st, 2005, 11:09pm »

Yikes!! I thought they started recording a long time ago?? Man, these guys like to take their time huh...hehe.
It'll probably be out in 2006?? Sumer of 2006?

on Jan 21st, 2005, 12:23pm, DreamAway22 wrote:
I think I remember Robby saying they were going to start recording some time in January but you never know what is actually going on. I'm not sure the GALB journal really has anything to do with whether they have started or not...there once was a time when they didn't write an update for like 4 months!

IP Logged
FizzyGoo
Goo God

"Wow...My Face is a Foot." -J. Rzeznik, 7.25.03

AttitudinalFizz
View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #4 on: Jan 21st, 2005, 11:41pm »

on Jan 21st, 2005, 11:09pm, Pon wrote:
Yikes!! I thought they started recording a long time ago?? Man, these guys like to take their time huh...hehe.
It'll probably be out in 2006?? Sumer of 2006?

nah I doubt it will take that long. I think they only spent about a month in the studio for Gutterflower, so I think that gives them plenty of time for a 2005 release if they are recording now.
IP Logged

There are but two different kinds of people in this world: Those who love Goo, and those who are infinitely stupid.
FallenStar
I'm Addicted

REVOLUTION!

SociallyFrightening   Mmmcheesesoup
View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #5 on: Jan 23rd, 2005, 1:13pm »

yeah...i'm getting a bit anxious for the new album as well......but i'm sure everybody is Roll Eyes
IP Logged

.::Sarah::.
"you're the only one I ever believed in..."

http://www.xanga.com/queenofthereich
http://www.geocities.com/heavenstrailtesla
Julie
I'm Addicted

John Rzeznik rocks my world!

View Profile Email

« Reply #6 on: Jan 23rd, 2005, 4:24pm »

I really hope that this is NOT their last album.  I would die if it was!  Hopefully it will be out by the end of this year.  I can't wait much longer!  It's hard being a Goo fan and in such suspense....
IP Logged

"Scars are souvenirs you never lose, the past is never far." ~ JR
Pon
Goo God

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

ai3oynamedgoo
View Profile

« Reply #7 on: Jan 23rd, 2005, 5:10pm »

I think John is gonna go solo. It may be the last album, but John will release his own stuff and personally, I think he might be more successful as a solo artist?
IP Logged
buffalowing43
Up, Up, Up

buffalowing43   sabrefan374
View Profile

« Reply #8 on: Jan 23rd, 2005, 5:51pm »

yeah this has to be their last album based on johnny and robby starting their production careeers and Johnny already trying out the solo stuff. I'm not really sure how successful Johnny would be solo. I'm sure he would be fairly successful based on the sound of "I'm Still Here". Its kinda funny how he used to be so pissed about the success of "Name" because he lost his punk image and his sound has changed so much since then (far from punk). I kinda remember them saying that they would release a DVD of all their music videos after they're final album and that would be really cool
IP Logged

you're all i'm not. but i don't need what you ain't got.
Saz_Goo
Goo God

If I could paint in harmony... :D

View Profile WWW

« Reply #9 on: Jan 23rd, 2005, 6:12pm »

on Jan 23rd, 2005, 5:10pm, Pon wrote:
I think John is gonna go solo. It may be the last album, but John will release his own stuff and personally, I think he might be more successful as a solo artist?

LOL, you sound like one of my housemates. Roll Eyes He watched LIB the other day and groaned loudly whenever Robby sang, and told me that it's a shame John hadn't gone solo already, because he could be "really successful". I agree if he sticks to the "I'm Still Here" kind of sound, then he should do pretty well in America. Probably not here though, the majority has no taste. Tongue

If they DO release a DVD of all their music videos, that would be great though!! I'm sure there are a few I've never seen, and never in amazing quality - I think the only one I've not watched on a crappy internet connection is "Iris", and that's still rare enough for me to get very excited when I see it on TV. :nanner: :nanner:

on Jan 23rd, 2005, 4:24pm, Julie wrote:
Hopefully it will be out by the end of this year.  I can't wait much longer!  It's hard being a Goo fan and in such suspense....

Hell yeah! I remember waiting for Gutterflower, the suspense was KILLING me for about 5 months!! I reckon it'll be about as bad, if not worse, this time!! Tongue
IP Logged

Visit here to see all my animations --->http://www.sarahhale.co.uk

"Went to sleep at home and woke up in a shed..." ~ Out Of The Red
Pages: 1 2  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Off Topic Board

Goo Goo Dolls Board

If you need to email...[email protected] or [email protected]
Attachments are never sent out with these email addresses.

The World of Goo Boards » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

[MFC]