Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Login Login
The World of Goo Boards « UK Goo news »

The World of Goo Boards
   Goo Goo Dolls
   Goo Goo Dolls
(Moderators: Shannon, Adela)
   UK Goo news
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: UK Goo news  (Read 1175 times)
Saz_Goo
Goo God

If I could paint in harmony... :D

View Profile WWW

UK Goo news
« on: Jan 17th, 2005, 10:01am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Taken from Lou & Nic's World of Rock 2002 website (found at http://www.world-of-rock2002.com).
 I thought some UK people here might want to know this too..Tongue

"Well, in between everything else this last week we have been endeavouring to find out what's going on with the planned "Live in Buffalo" UK release.

Disappointingly we've been told that the "Live in Buffalo" cd album will now NOT be released in the UK   However, the DVD is still being scheduled for release over here and we'll let you know as soon as we hear any more about that. How that leaves everyone with their www.play.com orders is anybody's guess - maybe they're imported from overseasHuh?

Better news on the Goo front is that "Give A Little Bit" is likely to be released to radio over here (not an official single release). We're going to try and find out more about this (i.e which radio stations and when) so that we can try and launch a "request goo" campaign. We'll let you know as soon as we've figured out the best way of doing that and hope that you'll all help us. If we don't act for this radio release then who knows what will happen when it's time for their new studio album to be released. If we can show how much the Goos mean to us over here then maybe it'll help to change the attitudes towards Goo in the UK.

Are you with us?!!"

OK, so not so good about the LIB audio CD, but hooray for GALB being released to radio! I'm getting ready for a radio request blitz!! :nanner: :nanner:
IP Logged

Visit here to see all my animations --->http://www.sarahhale.co.uk

"Went to sleep at home and woke up in a shed..." ~ Out Of The Red
Lea
Goo God

RogueUK

Lea32R
View Profile Email

Re: UK Goo news
« Reply #1 on: Jan 17th, 2005, 10:18am »

Woot! I'm with you, you guys  Grin

Thanks for that info Saz  Smiley

I live in hope about changing the UK's serious Goo deficiency. I remember reading an interview with Johnny where he was saying that he loves to play shows for the people who REALLY want to see the Goos.

*jumps up and down and waves hands in the air*

Yoo hoo, Johnniiiiieeee...*I* really want to see you! I know this island is kinda small but we love you too!!

IP Logged

LouAndNic
Goo God

Hold on, Dream Away...

View Profile WWW

« Reply #2 on: Jan 17th, 2005, 10:51am »

Hey guys  Grin

Thanks for posting this Saz and saving us a job! lol  We figured we'd best try and find out which radio stations GALB will be going to so that we can all target stations rather than waste our time on ones that won't have a copy.  As soon as we find out more on that we'll post here.

We've soooooo got to change the attitude towards Goo over here and if we can begin with a "radio request blitz" then that'll be fantastic.  Maybe if we can work some magic and get Goo on the radio the label will realise that they DO need to release LIB after all - fingers crossed.

We're gonna need all the help we can get folks so to all UK'ers and our friends overseas,  please join us in helping to spread the Goo around the world.

L&N
IP Logged

Please click on the banner and request Goo in the UK! Graphics by Lea (RogueUK)
peacegoo
Goo God

DreamTooLoud   DreamTooLoud
View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #3 on: Jan 17th, 2005, 2:45pm »

I don't listen to the radio but I'll still make the requests up here in Edinburgh!! Grin

It still blows my mind that the Goos have never been to Scotland...... Robby said that if he came to Scotland he'd probably never want to leave!! Fine by me!! Grin

Can you guys e-mail me when the radio blitz is on?? (DreamTooLoud @ aol . com)  I don't check the boards very often these days.  Thanks!!!  

Love & Light
Myshele Smiley
IP Logged

Check out the Fans For Peace message board! - www.fansforpeace.org/forum
And Fans For Peace merch! - www.cafeshops.com/fansforpeace
pOGo
Dizzy

I'm Bored

View Profile

« Reply #4 on: Jan 17th, 2005, 4:20pm »

well...this thread just made me remember how much i would like to visit the UK...goo or no goo...
dont mind me...i just had to let it out...and get all annoying and off-topic on all of you brits...
IP Logged

People always think something's all true
Lea
Goo God

RogueUK

Lea32R
View Profile Email

« Reply #5 on: Jan 18th, 2005, 1:06pm »

on Jan 17th, 2005, 10:51am, LouAndNic wrote:
Hey guys  Grin

Thanks for posting this Saz and saving us a job! lol  We figured we'd best try and find out which radio stations GALB will be going to so that we can all target stations rather than waste our time on ones that won't have a copy.  As soon as we find out more on that we'll post here.

We've soooooo got to change the attitude towards Goo over here and if we can begin with a "radio request blitz" then that'll be fantastic.  Maybe if we can work some magic and get Goo on the radio the label will realise that they DO need to release LIB after all - fingers crossed. L&N

Hey Lou & Nic, thanks a lot for your unstinting efforts on behalf of all us UK Goo fans! You're so right about changing the attitude towards Goo over here...we're a small army, but loyal to our cause. Let's hope we can make a difference. I don't think the lack of Goo-love here is neccessarily the fault of the Brits though...It's just like Saz said in her post to your petition...if more people in Britain had the chance to hear the Goos, they would LOVE them, I just know they would...I mean, we have good taste too!

peacegoo, I don't listen to the radio either...but for Goo, anything!

Hmm, did Robby give any indication of WHY he wouldn't want to leave Scotland, or was that comment just utterly out of context?! lol.  

Scotland's cool, but I have issues with the weather up there. I have family in Inverness so I'm well aware of how cold it gets north of the border. That said, I almost ended up going to University in Scotland...

Yeah pOGo, how dare you go all off-topic on us? We're outraged, aren't we guys?!  Wink  

I mean I know that *I* personally NEVER post anything off topic, and would never dream of posting utter irrelevant waffling just for the sake of it...

[/LIES ALL LIES] haha.  

Just outta interest, why do ya wanna come here? It's cold here. And we all talk funny  Tongue LOL
IP Logged

LouAndNic
Goo God

Hold on, Dream Away...

View Profile WWW

« Reply #6 on: Jan 20th, 2005, 10:28am »

No problem Myshele, we've made a note of your e-mail address and will let you know when it's all up and running.  We've not actually heard back from the label about when it went out or where to so we may have to start without them......

Lea / Saz - you're so definitely right about if more people heard Goo then more would love em.  It still amazes us that The Astoria could sell out, tickets could be exchanging outside for £70 a pair (they were only about £15 each) and yet they get no commercial support over here.

How about we give it a few more days to see if we hear back from the label and then if not, next week start our plan of action?

L&N
IP Logged

Please click on the banner and request Goo in the UK! Graphics by Lea (RogueUK)
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Off Topic Board

Goo Goo Dolls Board

If you need to email...[email protected] or [email protected]
Attachments are never sent out with these email addresses.

The World of Goo Boards » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

[MFC]