Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Login Login
The World of Goo Boards « Most memorable moment »

The World of Goo Boards
   Goo Goo Dolls
   Goo Goo Dolls
(Moderators: Shannon, Adela)
   Most memorable moment
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1 2 3  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Most memorable moment  (Read 4941 times)
blessed_by_goo
Goo God

THE HOLY O movin thru my soul likea hurricane wind

View Profile

Most memorable moment
« on: Jan 16th, 2005, 10:19pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Okay  u GOObers....here's the scoop. Last week or so I read an awesome thread about a girl who went to the small radio show Tsunami benfit  in CA. Her story had me right in the car with her on the way to the show, forgetting the checkbook....Then when Johnny bent in front of her and said, "hey how's it goin?" I HAD FRIGGIN BUTTERFLIES!!!! I was clutchin the seat on the way to the show and gigglin thru the story and blushin red at the end. So I figure that would be a cool thread right? So give us your most memorable moments. Whether it was a one on one or somethin cool they did at a show or whatever.... but put us right there with ya....... I'll go get the popcorn :gflower:
IP Logged

Your luv is like a storm, I chase across the sky~

blessed_by_goo
Goo God

View Profile

Re: Most memorable moment
« Reply #1 on: Jan 16th, 2005, 10:34pm »

EVEN IF IT IS CORNEY.... Us true Goobers need these moments  to get us thru till the guys get back on tour ... so hurry and post already!!! My poor dvds are takin a beating
IP Logged

babsil30
Goo God

What's the point in all this screaming

babsil30  
View Profile WWW

« Reply #2 on: Jan 17th, 2005, 9:29am »

oh wow.... hm...*thinking*

the one that popped up first is when john was sick yet still did the show.  the goos were opening for bon jovi over near indianapolis.  

the day started off waiting patiently for my friend's train to arrive from st. louis.  she was only 3 hours late!  Roll Eyes

so we rush to the car as we still had a 3 hour drive ahead of us.  of course we were blaring goo goo dolls and bon jovi from the car stereo.    talk about "back roads" holy cow! LOL  normally  i stay with the speedlimit with it comes to country roads, but we were late as it is, so lets just say thank god the roads were clear of a lot of heavy traffic! LOL  

had to take a detour even onto the dirt country roads! sheesh!  all the time, we're still laughing and having a great time singing at the top of our lungs!  

once we actually arrived in noblesville (or something like that), we hit the traffic...*slams on the brakes*  so to compensate, we turned the music up even louder! LOL  the cars surrounded us obviously knew we were having a great time, and i can remember one of the ladies to the right of us singing along to, iris.  heeeeeeeee! LOL

so we whip into the parking lot as fast as those damn speed bumps let us,  practically ran to the box window (as we had, 'will call" tickets from my friend who has connections with bon jovi).  we rush in, hit the bathroom, and as we're walking to our seats (we were "outside" the seating area still) I hear the goos start!  *scream*  I'm practically SHOVING my ticket at security, "let me in!" LOL  I'm jumping around and my friend just says, "Go for it" as she knew I'm a huge goo fan.  

I think I was really the only person standing in our section.  I was about 18 rows back on greg's side.    You could tell John wasn't feeling well, but he was such a trooper and made it a memorable evening.  

-Babs
IP Logged

I put my heavy coat on for a while
It's freezing in the corner of my mind

howGOOdamI
Goo God

Broadway is dark tonight!

misschrissytina   momtoknm
View Profile Email

« Reply #3 on: Jan 17th, 2005, 4:18pm »

My Goo life has been filled with many memorable experiences, but here are my favorites:

1.  My first up close Goo show.  This was Roseland Ballroom, Nov 02, and I will never forget the elation I felt when the red curtain went up and the first drums of "Naked" started...just amazing.

2.  That same night, meeting the guys.  Robby was just so incredibly cool, and I was so excited afterwards.

3.  The next morning, when I called the number on my boss's Parliment contest entry to hear "CONGRATULATIONS!  You and a guest will be partying with the band!"  I screamed for 20 minutes!

4.  When my friend Jaymeson called me from Thursday on the Square in Buffalo and put Robby on the phone.  Even tho he was so busy with his bands,  he still took two minutes out to talk to me, just a fan, and that was friggin AMAZING!  

5.  Broadway on July 4th.  

See?  I have so many, I can never pick just one!!
IP Logged

Christina....

Please be my friend! http://www.myspace.com/misschrissytina

blessed_by_goo
Goo God

View Profile

« Reply #4 on: Jan 17th, 2005, 5:59pm »

Those were really cool ! :thumbsup: C'mon you guys....Ya'll are bein stingy..... I know there are tons of GOOnie adventures out there lets hear em..... :embarrass: Don't B shy now
IP Logged

rzezniksangel
Goo God

rzezniksangel
View Profile

« Reply #5 on: Jan 17th, 2005, 8:17pm »

Wow....I have too many awesome moments with the guys to list them all....but my absolute favorite had to be getting to hang out at a local bar on the beach with John and Robby.  They were in town on the Bon Jovi tour, and my friend and I managed to wind up at the same bar they were hanging out at.  Lots of chatting, took some great pictures, and had some good laughs.  I wish I could hang out like that every time I got to see them!
IP Logged
PattyGoo
Gooey Martini Bar-keeper
Goo God

Cosmoholic

View Profile

« Reply #6 on: Jan 18th, 2005, 7:29am »

Definitely Robby pointing at me after the Storytellers taping and saying he knows me... HE recognized ME!  :faint:  :love:
« Last Edit: Jan 18th, 2005, 7:30am by PattyGoo » IP Logged

~Patty
blessed_by_goo
Goo God

View Profile

« Reply #7 on: Jan 18th, 2005, 7:37am »

Your heart musta fell from your chest.....plop! That's awesome...... Man I thought the popcorn was goin to go stale. I was expecting alot more Goobalicious stories. Really juicy ones too and I've had so few
IP Logged

PattyGoo
Gooey Martini Bar-keeper
Goo God

Cosmoholic

View Profile

« Reply #8 on: Jan 18th, 2005, 10:29am »

on Jan 18th, 2005, 7:37am, blessed_by_goo wrote:
Your heart musta fell from your chest.....plop! That's awesome...... Man I thought the popcorn was goin to go stale. I was expecting alot more Goobalicious stories. Really juicy ones too and I've had so few

Well, I got so flustered that I just patted him on the shoulder, let out a nervous laugh, and walked away.  However, I never made that mistake again!  The next several meetings were actually filled with conversation and those great Robby hugs.   Grin
IP Logged

~Patty
Lea
Goo God

RogueUK

Lea32R
View Profile Email

« Reply #9 on: Jan 18th, 2005, 12:10pm »

Envy's a sin, right?  

Good job I'm not Christian then!  

I can't believe some of you guys have actually met them several times. I'd settle for just once, just ONCE!  Undecided

If I ever did meet them, I'd probably scare them lol. I'd do something irredeemable, like bursting into tears or something. I know I'd embarass myself horribly, anyway!

Seriously though, great stories guys...and I am happy for you, insane jealousy aside  Wink

PattyGoo, Robby hugged you?!  

That makes you a demi-God in my eyes  Grin You know that Robbyness is next to Godliness, right?

[/irrelevant waffling]
IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Off Topic Board

Goo Goo Dolls Board

If you need to email...[email protected] or [email protected]
Attachments are never sent out with these email addresses.

The World of Goo Boards » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

[MFC]