Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Login Login
The World of Goo Boards « Most memorable moment »

The World of Goo Boards
   Goo Goo Dolls
   Goo Goo Dolls
(Moderators: Shannon, Adela)
   Most memorable moment
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1 2 3  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Most memorable moment  (Read 4943 times)
ivebeengooed
Naked

Love is in the air

View Profile Email

Re: Most memorable moment
« Reply #20 on: Jan 21st, 2005, 12:13am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

I will try to recall as much as I can.  It was at the Best Buy in New York.  Was planning to go see them that morning with my girlfriend but we were out the night before at a bar.  Needless to say I never made it to the show that morning. (I live in Long Island and my parents live in the city, so I stayed there)  Did not get to my parents till about 6 in the morning.  Woke up showered & drove to Best Buy.  I was one of the last people on line.  When it was my turn to go up I spoke with Robby and he was sooooooo cute.  I cant recall what we talked about but he understood that I was so hung over.  Next thing I know me , Robby and this big black guy standing behind him were laughing very loud.  So John asks what going on over here.  Robby tells him that I had to much to drink last night and I have a big hang over.  With that John stands up and gets in my face and says something to the effect that "so I should not talk very loud".  Needless to say it was very loud & his face was right in my face.  It was all very funny.   Mike said I hope you feel better.  It was a great time.
IP Logged
Emily
Dizzy

View Profile

« Reply #21 on: Jan 21st, 2005, 1:42am »

on Jan 19th, 2005, 10:40am, RogueUK wrote:

I speak from a position of total objectivity, since for some strange reason he doesn't do anything for me. (I know  Shocked odd, isn't it?!)  

Thats the same with me. I mean i know Johnny is hot, but.. meh.  

eeep i love reading these! more more more!  Cheesy
IP Logged

Lea
Goo God

RogueUK

Lea32R
View Profile Email

« Reply #22 on: Jan 21st, 2005, 4:46am »

on Jan 21st, 2005, 1:42am, Emily wrote:

Thats the same with me. I mean i know Johnny is hot, but.. meh.

Oh my god, someone who understands!  Shocked So they DO exist after all!

I thought I was the only one.  

Yeah, it's strange. I look at Johnny, and I go "Ok, so obviously he's really, really hot..." but...nothing. I can't explain it. Just...no attraction.  

I know. I'm insane.
« Last Edit: Jan 21st, 2005, 12:09pm by Lea » IP Logged

Julie
I'm Addicted

John Rzeznik rocks my world!

View Profile Email

« Reply #23 on: Jan 23rd, 2005, 4:14pm »

My most memorable moment is definitely all of my Goo concerts that I attended.  Especially in 2002 in Dallas, Texas, a day I'll never forget.  I went behind the venue and saw their bus parked and waited for about two hours then John and Robby finally came out.   Grin  I got both of their autographs and was in total shock the whole time.  When John signed his autograph, I couldn't think of anything to say I was in such shock that he was right in front of me.  I probably seemed a little rude but I lost my speech.  John, please forgive me!   Smiley  Anyway, that was the best day of my life!  I have yet to attend another concert, but I'll be sure to on the next tour.  
« Last Edit: Jan 23rd, 2005, 4:15pm by Julie » IP Logged

"Scars are souvenirs you never lose, the past is never far." ~ JR
rzezniksangel
Goo God

rzezniksangel
View Profile

« Reply #24 on: Jan 23rd, 2005, 8:18pm »

I could go on and on about all the times I've met the guys.  The first mention was obviously the greatest experience ever though...hehe.

I've gotten lots of hugs and kisses from Robby & John over the years....lots of recognition at shows (like the time John threw me his water because he realized how unbelievably hot it was down in front), backstage passes, private shows, etc.  I can just never get enough Goo.  And knowing that the guys recognize me every time, means more to me than anything in the whole world!!  They're so nice, and so down to earth.  I absolutely love that they take the time out when they can to talk to their fans, even if it is only for a second.   Gah, I can't wait for them to start touring again!!!

And of course my two FAVORITE pictures ever:  

IP Logged
girlnamedgrace
Dizzy

He's the stone fox......

View Profile

« Reply #25 on: Jan 24th, 2005, 8:04am »

OK
Soooooooooo much I wanna say about this thread.
Firstly:
I am INSANELY jealous of all of you who met the goos. Wow.
Secondly:  
"Theres no ROOOOOM on that side" really, I nearly wet myself.  
Thirdly: :bowdown: :bowdown:
I bow to the unbelieveable excellence of the deep fried boot.
Dear god, I just burst out laughing when I saw the pic of John with the eyes popping out. Everyone in the computer Lab at College just looked at me and shook their heads. They think I'm demented!
Seriously I urge all Goo fans to hot foot it to the deep fried boot.  
Soooooooo funny...... Grin Cheesy Grin
IP Logged

Our Goo,
who art in Buffalo,hallowed be thy 'name,'
Thy concerts gone to,thy cds bought,in Europe as they are in America,
Give us this day our daily goo and forgive us for liking other bands,
just as we forgive those who do not appriciate good goo, lead us not into temptation,with your hair and toxic songs,
Ah, men!!!
goober_1013
Goo God

House, MD

View Profile WWW

« Reply #26 on: Jan 24th, 2005, 4:30pm »

on Jan 24th, 2005, 8:04am, girlnamedgrace wrote:
OK
Soooooooooo much I wanna say about this thread.
Firstly:
I am INSANELY jealous of all of you who met the goos. Wow.
Secondly:  
"Theres no ROOOOOM on that side" really, I nearly wet myself.  
Thirdly: :bowdown: :bowdown:
I bow to the unbelieveable excellence of the deep fried boot.
Dear god, I just burst out laughing when I saw the pic of John with the eyes popping out. Everyone in the computer Lab at College just looked at me and shook their heads. They think I'm demented!
Seriously I urge all Goo fans to hot foot it to the deep fried boot.  
Soooooooo funny...... Grin Cheesy Grin

aww. . .you're making me blush!  thanks for checking out the site, i'm so glad there are still people out there getting a laugh out of it!!!  Grin
IP Logged

UPDATED July 10th, 2006
www.members.tripod.com/deepfriedboot

Eva
Goo God

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #27 on: Jan 24th, 2005, 6:23pm »

*waves*  we need a waving smiley Undecided and a flippin off smiley so i can flip off nr a lot..  :rockin:

one of the most memorable goo moments for me was during the Dizzy tour... i was totally miserable physically in the front row... i'm real short and the crowd was practically on top of me. they started playing Iris and by then i was pooped out and sad cause i couldn't dance around like usual. well... back then Nathan December was the touring guitarist and played the Iris guitar solo... i was spacing out looking towards John and the solo started... Nathan came right up to me and played that solo up close and personal... i'll never forget that  :love:  anyone who knows me here knows my deep love and appreciation for the guitar so i was grinning ear to ear... made my night!
IP Logged
broadway
Naked

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile

« Reply #28 on: Jan 24th, 2005, 8:03pm »

[/img]Hi, I just joined the message board!
I have several memorable Goo moments.
A couple years ago the Goo's played at St Boneventure University, which is a 2 hour drive from Bflo. Two friends and myself drove there for the show.  For those of you who went, the gym they played in was the size of a high school gym.  My friends and I went down and stood in the front.  After the show we saw Robbie's and Johnny's relatives talking to the monks, so we followed them around the building and waited for everyone to come out, we waited 2 hours in the cold!!  First Mike came out and met with everyone, then Robbie and then Johnny.  They gave us all hugs!!!  Johnny had on this long black leather coat, it was so soft!!  He also was lifting up his shirt and showing up his abs!! OMG!!!  I forgot to bring anything for them to sign, so I had them sign my jean jacket, they wrote all over the back.  Needless to say I never will wear that jacket again, only to look at.
One of my other memorable moments was at the last Thurs in the square in Bflo this summer, a friend of mine is a good friend of Robbie's and we hung out with Robbie and his parents by the stage during the show.  We got some great pictures of him and got to chat.
Another memorable moment which was not mine was the girl that is friends with Robbie, she went to his 40th birthday party this past fall.  She flew to LA and they had his party in a bowling alley(which they rented out) down the street from where he lives, Johnny was there, of course, and then they went to a corner bar and partied all night!
And of course the most memorable moment going to the July 4 th show!!!!!!!![img]
IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Off Topic Board

Goo Goo Dolls Board

If you need to email...[email protected] or [email protected]
Attachments are never sent out with these email addresses.

The World of Goo Boards » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

[MFC]