Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Login Login
The World of Goo Boards « it's snowing! »

The World of Goo Boards
   Off Topic Board
   Off Topic Board
(Moderators: Shannon, Adela)
   it's snowing!
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1 2  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: it's snowing!  (Read 3399 times)
rzezniksangel
Goo God

rzezniksangel
View Profile

Re: it's snowing!
« Reply #10 on: Dec 11th, 2008, 6:39pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

I am sooo jealous!  It's too freakin hot here for it to ever snow.  It just doesn't feel like Christmastime when you can still walk around in shorts & a tank top in the middle of December.
IP Logged
DWG

Email

« Reply #11 on: Dec 11th, 2008, 11:58pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

on Dec 11th, 2008, 4:57pm, pink boa lady wrote:
this is a record for us...earliest snow of the year ever recorded and in some places (across the lake from us) had about 8 inches.

Wow, "lake effect snow" in Louisiana!!
So bizaare.
I hope you had fun playing with the snow for the little while it lasted.

« Last Edit: Dec 11th, 2008, 11:58pm by Dances_with_Goo » IP Logged
Shannon
WOG Administrator

View Profile Email

« Reply #12 on: Dec 12th, 2008, 9:28am »

on Dec 11th, 2008, 6:39pm, rzezniksangel wrote:
I am sooo jealous!  It's too freakin hot here for it to ever snow.  It just doesn't feel like Christmastime when you can still walk around in shorts & a tank top in the middle of December.  

Are you just trying to make me jealous now Wink  I'd give anything to be walking around in shorts and flip flops. That's my favorite thing. Some people who move away from the north say they miss the seasons and winter. I wouldn't look back. I'd be so happy to have the sun out and be walking around in shorts and sandals....ahhh heaven.
IP Logged

If you need help, please email me at [email protected]

ChickenCookie
I'm Addicted

When he takes me in his arms I see la vie en rose.

View Profile

« Reply #13 on: Dec 12th, 2008, 12:38pm »

on Dec 12th, 2008, 9:28am, Shannon wrote:

Are you just trying to make me jealous now Wink  I'd give anything to be walking around in shorts and flip flops. That's my favorite thing. Some people who move away from the north say they miss the seasons and winter. I wouldn't look back. I'd be so happy to have the sun out and be walking around in shorts and sandals....ahhh heaven.

We got a gas well in our backyard, and as a result, we have free heat (YAY).  So I can crank the heat up as much as I want to, which is pretty damn awesome, I gotta say, especially when it was down to 6 degrees last week.  Anyway, I think we should have a tropical winter party at my house.  Everyone come in their loooooong winter coats, hats and scarves that you strip off at the door to reveal shorts and bikinis and tank tops.  We'll play tropical music, drink Mai-Tais and turn all the lamps on full blast in the living room and pretend we're outside basking in the sun.

Anyone up for it?  Grin
IP Logged
Shannon
WOG Administrator

View Profile Email

« Reply #14 on: Dec 12th, 2008, 1:30pm »

OMG .... that sounds like a blast. I'd love to crank my heat high like that. As it is it's set to around 68-70 degrees and it's still freezing in here.  It's funny how 68-70' in the spring and summer feels warm in the house. I'm shivering right now and my hands are numb. WHY DO I LIVE HERE!?!
IP Logged

If you need help, please email me at [email protected]

DWG

Email

« Reply #15 on: Dec 12th, 2008, 3:02pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

on Dec 12th, 2008, 12:38pm, ChickenCookie wrote:

We got a gas well in our backyard, and as a result, we have free heat (YAY).  So I can crank the heat up as much as I want to, which is pretty damn awesome, I gotta say, especially when it was down to 6 degrees last week.

Wait. You've got a gas well in your back yard?  

Welllllll, doggies!

~~Then one day she was shootin' at some food,
And up through the ground came a bubblin' crude.
...Oil that is, black gold, Texas tea~~

I know, it's gas, not oil, but jeez.

As for that party, I'm in.

« Last Edit: Dec 12th, 2008, 3:05pm by Dances_with_Goo » IP Logged
rzezniksangel
Goo God

rzezniksangel
View Profile

« Reply #16 on: Dec 13th, 2008, 9:33pm »

on Dec 12th, 2008, 9:28am, Shannon wrote:

It's nice now...but on Christmas it kinda sucks.  It's been cold (for us) the past couple of weeks, ranging from the 40's to the 60's...but it's supposed to be 80 again tomorrow, so there goes our winter.  LOL.  I'd love to have just a little variation.  You get tired of 80-100, humid, and just hot all year long.
IP Logged
Pages: 1 2  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Off Topic Board

Goo Goo Dolls Board

If you need to email...[email protected] or [email protected]
Attachments are never sent out with these email addresses.

The World of Goo Boards » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

[MFC]