Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Login Login
The World of Goo Boards « Knee surgery? »

The World of Goo Boards
   Off Topic Board
   Off Topic Board
(Moderators: Shannon, Adela)
   Knee surgery?
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1 2 3  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Knee surgery?  (Read 3033 times)
iris3732
Goo God

I can feel it like a curse.

View Profile

Re: Knee surgery?
« Reply #10 on: Sep 7th, 2006, 3:46pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

on Sep 7th, 2006, 10:41am, tkc1989 wrote:

It says 'hubby to be' Tongue hehe

I have got to learn to read more slowly and carefully.

So used to skimming what with all the shit they make us read for school.  Roll Eyes
IP Logged

all I can do is try not to screw this up again
and just be friends
i'd rather be dead
~the marvelous 3

you say it's a good thing
that you float in the air....
~weezer
Raven
Goo God

I'm Loyal Like A Stray!~

ravengoo
View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #11 on: Sep 19th, 2006, 6:22am »

I'm sorry, I just read this! I hope you're feeling better YoursGooly! I had arthoscopic knee surgery a few years ago, and I am still having problems with it. I tore the ligaments, and the meniscus in a jet-ski accident. It still swells periodically, which is extremely painful. They have to drain it every few months, and I am on very strong pain pills. I went through breast cancer last year, and the chemo did a lot of extra damage to my joints. Drop us a line and let us know how you're doing. Knee pain is very painful, but I hope you're the exception, and that you're feeling much better! My thoughts and prayers are with you. May you heal fast, and have no further problems. Take care, and feel better! God bless! :angel3:
« Last Edit: Oct 12th, 2006, 2:33am by Raven » IP Logged

"Let Me Remind You, The Light Doesn't Blind You At All-- It Just Helps You See."
YoursGOOLY
Goo God

View Profile

« Reply #12 on: Oct 2nd, 2006, 10:21pm »

on Sep 19th, 2006, 6:22am, Raven wrote:
I'm sorry, I just read this! I hope you're feeling better YoursGooly! I had knee surgery [orthoscopic] a few years ago, and I am still having problems with it. I tore the ligaments, and the meniscus in a jet-ski accident. It still swells periodically, which is extremely painful. They have to drain it every few months, and I am on very strong pain pills. I went through breast cancer last year, and the chemo did a lot of extra damage to my joints. Drop us a line and let us know how you're doing. Knee pain is very painful, but I hope you're the exception, and that you're feeling much better! My thoughts and prayers are with you. May you heal fast, and have no further problems. Take care, and feel better! God bless! :angel3:

Sorry I didn't see your message sooner Raven.  Embarassed  My knee is doing quite well. Thanks for asking!  Kiss  So sorry to hear about the health issues you have had. How are you feeling lately? If you ever need to talk, I am a good listener. All of us here at WOG are here for you.  :pals:
IP Logged

Raven
Goo God

I'm Loyal Like A Stray!~

ravengoo
View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #13 on: Oct 12th, 2006, 3:13am »

on Oct 2nd, 2006, 10:21pm, YoursGOOLY wrote:

Sorry I didn't see your message sooner Raven.  Embarassed  My knee is doing quite well. Thanks for asking!  Kiss  So sorry to hear about the health issues you have had. How are you feeling lately? If you ever need to talk, I am a good listener. All of us here at WOG are here for you.  :pals:

I apologize for just seeing this, and for not replying sooner. I haven't been keeping up on the Goo boards much at all the past few years, but I just started reading/posting again. Thank you so much for asking about me! Smiley

I am doing exceptionally well, and feeling wonderful these days. My breast cancer was caught very early, by my cat no less, but that's another story! It never entered the lymph system, so no nodes had to be removed. I was extremely lucky! I had a rough year afterward, but things just keep getting better and better. I am feeling more like my old self. Life really is precious, and I feel very blessed to be here! October is breast cancer awareness month, so ladies, please remember to check your breasts regularly, and don't put off your mammograms if needed! Wink

The chemo was really bad, and I pray that no one here ever has to ever go through that. Chemo was worse than death! However, It didn't stop me all that much, especially when it came to my Goo's. I even attended Robby's MIA and Goo shows during chemo. I wasn't one for wigs much either. I wore them when dressing up, etc.  Most of the time I just wore a baseball cap, and just dealt with it. The radiation wasn't bad at all, but it was very time consuming. I had to drive 10 miles every day [5 days a week] through heavy traffic for a 2 minute procedure. That lasted 6 weeks, but it was well worth it. We do what we have to do! The surgery was a simple lumpectomy, where they just removed the lump, so I didn't lose any of my breast. The surgeon was truly phenomenal. I still have the "girls," and I'm still alive to enjoy them. :hahaha:

Thank you so much for the offer to talk, and for your concern. I really appreciate it, and It means alot. I'm really glad your knee is doing better. You were in my thoughts and prayers! :angel3:

To prove I'm alive and well, here's a current photo of me. It was taken before a Good Charlotte show up in Detroit last night. See, I can still rock! I have the Goo shirt on. I'm the "older" hag! :hahaha:

« Last Edit: Oct 12th, 2006, 3:35am by Raven » IP Logged

"Let Me Remind You, The Light Doesn't Blind You At All-- It Just Helps You See."
the green o

Email

« Reply #14 on: Oct 12th, 2006, 11:45am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

Ahh, Raven...you look great!

"older hag", my ass.
IP Logged
Shannon
WOG Administrator

View Profile Email

« Reply #15 on: Oct 12th, 2006, 12:36pm »

Yes, Raven you look fantastic. What a great haircut too...very flattering.
IP Logged

If you need help, please email me at [email protected]

Raven
Goo God

I'm Loyal Like A Stray!~

ravengoo
View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #16 on: Oct 12th, 2006, 12:41pm »

Thanks Donna! I wouldn't be here today without my Goo, or my Goo friends. Thank you so much for being there throughout it all, especially when I needed a friend. You were an inspiration, which gave me  trength. Strength made me want to get better. Many people don't even realize how much of a difference they made in my life. I hope to thank everyone personally, in my own time. Kiss

You will definitely be seeing more of me on the Goo boards, and I'll stay in touch. I am feeling more and more like the "old" Raven these days. Thank you so much for everything! Smiley  
You rock my friend! :nanner:
« Last Edit: Oct 12th, 2006, 12:52pm by Raven » IP Logged

Raven
Goo God

I'm Loyal Like A Stray!~

ravengoo
View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #17 on: Oct 12th, 2006, 12:52pm »

on Oct 12th, 2006, 12:36pm, Shannon wrote:
Yes, Raven you look fantastic. What a great haircut too...very flattering.

LMAO! I had a GOOd laugh on this one! Grin I have had my hair trimmed 2-3 times, but this is all the hair that has grown in so far from a completely bald state. It is growing, but not fast enough! Thank you for the compliments! You guys made my day! You rock! :rockin:

I kinda like it short right now. I feel like a rock star! Wink
« Last Edit: Oct 12th, 2006, 12:54pm by Raven » IP Logged

Iris74
Goo God

Caught in the breakdown

irysbren
View Profile

« Reply #18 on: Oct 12th, 2006, 4:20pm »

Looking fantastic Raven!  And I agree, I like the new 'do.  Short hair rocks!
IP Logged

YoursGOOLY
Goo God

View Profile

« Reply #19 on: Oct 12th, 2006, 10:29pm »

Raven you are beautiful! Thanks for sharing your picture (and story) with us. :thumbsup: You are an inspiration to women everywhere.

You're very welcome for the offer to listen/talk. I mean it - anytime! Just PM if ya want.  Kiss

Thanks for keeping me in your thoughts and prayers with my knee surgery as well.  :shines:

Take care & God bless...
Melissa
IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Off Topic Board

Goo Goo Dolls Board

If you need to email...[email protected] or [email protected]
Attachments are never sent out with these email addresses.

The World of Goo Boards » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

[MFC]