Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Login Login
The World of Goo Boards « Hair Colors »

The World of Goo Boards
   Off Topic Board
   Off Topic Board
(Moderators: Shannon, Adela)
   Hair Colors
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1 2 3 4  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Hair Colors  (Read 5141 times)
Shannon
WOG Administrator

View Profile Email

Re: Hair Colors
« Reply #30 on: Jul 13th, 2006, 9:42am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

This is totally unrelated but I think it's hysterical that this thread is one of the longest on the forum  Tongue My hair is my one obsession/indulgence so I'm glad to know I'm not the only one concerned with it.
IP Logged

If you need help, please email me at [email protected]

Christian
I'm Addicted

The Infernal Bridegroom

View Profile Email

« Reply #31 on: Jul 13th, 2006, 6:16pm »

Oh yeah, I've got a hair obsession as well. I'm one vain sonofabitch.  Grin
IP Logged

And all the perfume rare, now buried in the shade
Shaun
I'm Addicted

Goo Goo Goo

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #32 on: Jul 14th, 2006, 10:40am »

Haha same, my hair looks fricken awesome today! Went for a job interview and it looks so ace Tongue
IP Logged
Raven
Goo God

I'm Loyal Like A Stray!~

ravengoo
View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #33 on: Jul 17th, 2006, 6:32am »

When I went through breast cancer last year, and chemo/radiation, I lost ALL my hair! It was very liberating, and the lack of hair really didn't bother me like I imagined it would. Not having eyebrows and eyelashes bothered me more than the hair on my head. All my hair has grown in, and it's growing longer by the day. It's been cut 4-5 times since it's grown in, and it's currently close to shoulder length. My color is burgandy, but it looks more purple in the sunlight. :afro:

If you ever have to face a serious illness [and I pray you never do], you'll really be surprised. Your hair becomes the last of your concerns. I kinda liked not having hair on my head. I didn't miss it elsewhere either, especially my legs/underarms. It sure saved me a lot of time getting ready, LOL! I had a great sense of humor throughout it all. I guess you almost have to!  :hahaha:
IP Logged

"Let Me Remind You, The Light Doesn't Blind You At All-- It Just Helps You See."
Shannon
WOG Administrator

View Profile Email

« Reply #34 on: Jul 17th, 2006, 10:43am »

Wow Raven ... it sounds like you have a real positive attitiude about it all. I have always been obsessed with my hair even when I was young. So to me complete hairloss would be a total nightmare. But when you're going through an illness like that I imagine hairloss is the least of your concerns. Thanks for bringing me back into perspective.
IP Logged

If you need help, please email me at [email protected]

crazy4goo
Goo God

take what you need...take what you need...from me

View Profile

« Reply #35 on: Jul 19th, 2006, 10:43pm »

on Jul 17th, 2006, 6:32am, Raven wrote:
When I went through breast cancer last year, and chemo/radiation, I lost ALL my hair! It was very liberating, and the lack of hair really didn't bother me like I imagined it would. Not having eyebrows and eyelashes bothered me more than the hair on my head. All my hair has grown in, and it's growing longer by the day. It's been cut 4-5 times since it's grown in, and it's currently close to shoulder length. My color is burgandy, but it looks more purple in the sunlight. :afro:

If you ever have to face a serious illness [and I pray you never do], you'll really be surprised. Your hair becomes the last of your concerns. I kinda liked not having hair on my head. I didn't miss it elsewhere either, especially my legs/underarms. It sure saved me a lot of time getting ready, LOL! I had a great sense of humor throughout it all. I guess you almost have to!  :hahaha:

Oh Raven...I'm so sorry to hear of your illness...hope you are well now.   You're hair sounds beautiful !

Cancer is a bitch...I've had it (nothing like you went thru)  but it certainly does change your life when your mortality is in question.  You realize what's really important and what's not...

Have you seen Goo yet this year?  Their always good for my health...mental health!

Sherri
IP Logged

laurengoo
Goo God

a.k.a y2goo_4ever

y2goo4ever
View Profile Email

« Reply #36 on: Jul 23rd, 2006, 6:39pm »

I've got a Auburn reddish tint going on here, with black underneath...my original hair colour was a very light strawberry blonde.

I don't even know why I dyed it. I miss my original colour  :sad:

You can sort of see it in my user picture.
IP Logged

made by: Hysteria
Skkyer
Dizzy

Just a Kiss Away

View Profile

« Reply #37 on: Jul 24th, 2006, 10:01am »

My hair is totally Gray.  Yes, gray.  It started graying at 17 so at 18 I started coloring it.  After many, many years of dying it I finally said "Screw this!" So I'm in my very late 40's with a full head of totally gray hair.

Funny thing....people ask me if my hair is naturally gray.  I don't understand this.   Roll Eyes

Maybe I'll start coloring it again, someday, who knows. If I do, it'll be light brown, like in my youth.

Hugs,
Skkyer
IP Logged
Saz_Goo
Goo God

If I could paint in harmony... :D

View Profile WWW

« Reply #38 on: Jul 24th, 2006, 4:19pm »

on Jul 24th, 2006, 10:01am, Skkyer wrote:

Funny thing....people ask me if my hair is naturally gray.  I don't understand this.   Roll Eyes

LMAO!! That would be difficult to answer politely, I think...Tongue  "Yes, I dye it with real silver and iron to get that naturally steely-grey sheen"...

Then again, why not, if you get golden blonde, why not silver grey in a bottle?? Wink

(PS apologies about "grey", it's a british spelling thing. Tongue)
IP Logged

Visit here to see all my animations --->http://www.sarahhale.co.uk

"Went to sleep at home and woke up in a shed..." ~ Out Of The Red
Pages: 1 2 3 4  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Off Topic Board

Goo Goo Dolls Board

If you need to email...[email protected] or [email protected]
Attachments are never sent out with these email addresses.

The World of Goo Boards » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

[MFC]