Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Login Login
The World of Goo Boards « HOB (Hollywood) Review »

The World of Goo Boards
   Goo Goo Dolls
   Goo Goo Dolls
(Moderators: Shannon, Adela)
   HOB (Hollywood) Review
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: HOB (Hollywood) Review  (Read 465 times)
BeaTheGooFan
Dizzy

LOL "...Sticky Colon..."

BeaTheHobbit
View Profile Email

HOB (Hollywood) Review
« on: Feb 8th, 2006, 3:01am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

LOL once I got into the right line to get my ticket the night was ON!   :woohoo:  But the ticket lady at Will Call was the sweetest ever! I must say the people involved at the Will Call were really professional and kind.  

I attended the pre-party in the Foundation Room and met two exceptional Goo fans. I met a music coordinator for retail stores and a board member from Absolute Goo.  

Tyler Hilton was amazing. He was energetic and he reminded me of John Mayer. Thanks to a little push by Jennifer (thanks!) I met Tyler Hilton and his bassist after the show. Both were extremely friendly. When Tyler misspelled my name he wasn’t content until he got it right (awww).  Kiss

Now for the best part – The Goo Goo Dolls!
The guys were really getting into their performance. Johnny once said that he can tell how well a show went by how soaking wet he was. Well, let me tell you, that man was DRENCHED!  :drool: You could tell he was giving it all he had. Robby and Mike as well! I loved how much Robby was smiling and interacting with the right side and Johnny the left.  

I was excited to see that Greg was present. But Johnny said that he was still going soon. He said that they had their differences on things lately but that it was truly awesome having him with them all this time.

The new keyboardist/sax player was great. The performance sounded different but refreshingly different, especially when it came to the sax parts.

Johnny spoke quite a bit to the crowd. He was quite whitty – “Yeah, can you believe it, Tupak has sold more records since his death than we have in our 20-year career.”  :wtf:

We were truly putty in the Goos’ hands. It felt like a giant sing along. Every where I looked people were mouthing the words and dancing their little happy dances along with the music.  :nanner: Speaking of which, as John was starting the second or third song he said “you know this one.” And then he stopped for a second and said something like “Will you really sing along? Cause’ I’m feeling kind of vulnerable. It’s been a difficult week.” And of course we all sang along and louder to boot!

To be honest I was never in love with Give a Little Bit but after hearing and seeing it live -
I LOVEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE IT!  :rockin:

No new songs.  :bigcry:

I truly hope that this tour is a world tour so that all you Goo Virgins can experience the magic that is live Goo. Johnny & Robby’s voices sound edgier and even more passionate when you hear it right there. We always dote on Johnny & Robby’s playing and yes they are amazing but I must take my hat off to Mike!!! That man is going at it on those drums! I saw like 6 bottles of water next to the drums and wondered if that would be enough. At one point I wanted to drop down with a fan and cool him down – just amazing.  :claps:  :claps:

After the show I hung out with some long time Goo fans. It was truly wonderful to hear about past concerts and run-ins with our Goo guys. I hope to do that with some of you guys real soon.  :grouphug:
IP Logged

"It doesn't have to be this constant tragedy. We were doin' this VH1 Behind The Music thing and they tend to focus on the tragic elements of an artist's career. I was like, 'Dude, there's no tragedy here!'" -Johnny-
the_girl_right_next_to_him
I'm Addicted

I'm sober with you...it beats drinkin' alone

View Profile

Re: HOB (Hollywood) Review
« Reply #1 on: Feb 8th, 2006, 5:44am »

LUCKY! <a la Napoleon>
IP Logged
ShanGooFan
Goo God

Goo Goo Dolls Rock!

View Profile

« Reply #2 on: Feb 8th, 2006, 7:13am »

Thanks for the heartfelt review. I felt like I was right there with you. Awesome!!!
IP Logged

~Shannon~

"Music means to me.. ah...breathing. It's a heartbeat, it's rythm and it's passion. It's therapy. It's .... breathing". ~Keith Urban~

crazy4goo
Goo God

take what you need...take what you need...from me

View Profile

« Reply #3 on: Feb 8th, 2006, 5:25pm »

great review!  Thanks for sharing.  These guys really put on a great show...the way they interact with the fans is so special and,  they seem to enjoy it too
IP Logged

Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Off Topic Board

Goo Goo Dolls Board

If you need to email...[email protected] or [email protected]
Attachments are never sent out with these email addresses.

The World of Goo Boards » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

[MFC]