|WEB SITE NEWS|
|We are currently looking for an inside Alanis news source. If you are involved with Alanis Morissette's record label, or are in a position to provide us with the latest Alanis scoops; e-mail us!|
Listen to Alanis' "Utopia":
Alanis Morissette to release "Utopia."
In the wake of last week's tragic events, Alanis Morissette is releasing a new song Monday, September 24th on the internet from the album she is in the midst of finishing. Titled "Utopia," the song is "shared in the spirit of wanting to offer comfort to everyone who is grieving, with my experiencing my own grief alongside them." UTOPIA will be available as a free download on Maverick Record's Alanis site.
"I wanted to offer as much love as I possibly could in the form of music, which is one of my favorite ways of expressing myself." Alanis is quick to add that "a four minute song cannot possibly touch on everything I'm feeling right now, and certainly not cover the broad scope of everyone else's feelings. Knowing that it may provide four minutes of comfort to anyone at this point inspired me to share this song. I believe this song shines light on both the willingness to understand as well as the passionate desire to stand up and show a self-care and self- respect in the face of something many strongly don't believe in."
Alanis adds, "I believe this is a hugely defining time for us as human beings. I believe we live in a relative realm and that it is in the face of what some are calling "evil" that we are able to know ourselves as peaceful, transcendent and willing to contemplate the motivations for doing what happened on September 11th. We can choose to know ourselves as anything in accordance to last week's attack. My hope is that the people who are making the decisions about how to respond to the events will take both self-care and compassion into account with consciousness and awareness of our interconnectedness as beings."
Utopia will be made available for download on Monday, September 24th via Maverick Records's Alanis site.
- The summer's touring scene just got a bit more crowded with the announcement that Alanis Morissette and Tori Amos are teaming up for the "5 1/2 Weeks Tour." Kicking off Aug. 18 at the NCR Arena in Ft. Lauderdale, Fla., the mini-Lilith will run 26 shows, finally wrapping up at the Irvine Amphitheater in Los Angeles, Calif.
Sponsoring the tour are retail chain Best Buy and MP3.com. The latter has a press conference scheduled for Tuesday to announce details of the tour, as well as their partnership with Morissette, who will be providing the site with live recordings from the tour.
- After announcing plans for a series of East Coast arena shows with the Roots and Carlos Santana, the Dave Matthews Band has landed Alanis Morissette and Big Head Todd and the Monsters for a special one-off concert on July 20 at Mile High Stadium in Denver, Colorado.
- Alanis Morrisette, Marilyn Manson, the Offspring, Live, the Red Hot Chili Peppers and Metallica among the acts confirmed for Woodstock '99, a three-day festival kicking off July 23 that marks the thirtieth anniversary of its namesake, 1969's legendary hippie-rock lovefest.
- Alanis Morrisette received some uninvited attention last week from morning radio kingpin Howard Stern, and the fallout is that listeners in New York may not be hearing that much from Alanis for a while.
Stern was miffed that Morrisette declined to be a guest on his syndicated radio show during her tour's two-night stopover last week in New York (where Stern's show originates from K-Rock). Last Thursday, Stern took that displeasure straight to K-Rock program director Steve Kingston calling Kingston at home to demand, on-air, that the station stop playing Alanis' music until she pays Howard a visit.
Kingston said that he's complying with Stern's wishes, for now, and called Stern "a very vocal and passionate" Morrisette fan.
The Morrisette camp meanwhile had no comment on the situation.
- Alanis Morissette and Ringo Starr will performing a rock version of Dobie Gray's 'Drift Away,' on Ringo Starr's 'Vertical Man,' due in April from Capitol.
- Alanis will also be featured on a few songs on the new Dave Matthews Band album, 'Before These Crowded Streets,' due out April 28
- Alanis Morissette will be releasing a new song on 'The City Of Angels' soundtrack, titled 'Uninvited.' It will be released March 31. 'Uninvited' will be released to radio stations, but will only be available for purchase in the soundtrack.
- Click here to order 'The City Of Angels.'
- A spokeswoman from Reprise informed me that Alanis just recently entered the studio to begin recording her new album. I would say to expect an August or September Release! But no official date has been set as of yet.
'Jagged Little Pill, Live' won the Grammy for Best Long-Form Music Video
- Alanis Morissette was recently in triathalon and went under the name Nadine Burke and placed 51st.
- Alanis Morissette will be featured on The Tibet Freedom Concert Album which will be released November 4, 1997.
- Jagged Little Pill, Live is currently #4 on Billboard's nation's most popular videos.
- Alanis was nominated for 2 MuchMusic Video Awards, both for Head Over Feet.
- Alanis' home video, Jagged Little Pill Live is currently #11 on Billboard weekly charts for the nation's most popular videos; heresmore info:
1.''Jerry Maguire,'' (Columbia TriStar)
2.''The Rock,'' (Hollywood)
3.''101 Dalmatians,'' (Disney)
4.''Lord of the Dance,'' (PolyGram)
5.''Riverdance-The Show,'' (VCI-Columbia Tristar)
6.''Das Boot - The Director's Cut,'' (Columbia TriStar)
7.''I'm Bout It,'' (No Limit)
8.''Pink Flamingos,'' (New Line)
9.''Happy Gilmore,'' (MCA-Universal)
10.''Playboy's Voluptuous Vixens,'' (Playboy)
11.''Alanis Morissette: Jagged Little Pill, Live,'' (Warner Reprise)
According to Alanis' spokeswoman and The Alanis Press on June 23rd, she is still in the writing process. As far as she knew, Glen Ballard will enter the studio with Alanis in the next couple of months.
Jagged Little Pill, Live is due out! Weaving together exclusive interviews and backstage footage from throughout the tour with musical performancesranging from camcorder- shot club dates with a few dozen people in the audience to a New Orleans gig before ascreaming crowd of 80,000, Jagged Little Pill Live shows the magnitude of Alanis's breakthrough, and her growthas an artist throughout the process.
Taylor Hawkins and Jesse Tobias have left Alanis Morissette's band. Taylor Hawkins left the band, to become the new drummer for the Foo Fighters No information is available on what Jesse Tobias is doing or planning to do now.
Below is a letter that alanismorissette.net has provided to the public, which contains info on Alanis' new album!
----------> From: Reprise1@aol.com
> To: email@example.com
> Subject: Re: alanis morissette
> Date: Tuesday, May 13, 1997 4:12 PM
> I am a major fan of Alanis Morissette. Could you please tell me if she is
>recording her new album yet and when Jagged Little Pill Live is due out.
>> Hi Dan,
>> Early 1998 for the new album -- yep, she's recording now -- and Jagged
>> Little Pill live is due out 7/1.
Alanis Morissette along with some help has created a videocassette documenting her world-wide "Cant Not" Tour of 252-shows. There are no specifics of what will be included on the tape, but we know that Alanis had 75 hours of footage to chose from. The Official date(s) have been set. The DVD(Digital Video Disk) version will be out on the 26th of June, 1997, and the Laserdisc and VHS version will be out on the 1st of July, 1997.
There have been an overwhelming amount of rumours going aroundabout the release date of Alanis' next album. Everyone from die-hard fans toalanis-haters themselves have been wondering "When will the album come outalready??". Normally the logical answer would be: "Only Alanis herself knows that", butthat's not the case either. In an interview with a SHIFT Magazine reporter, Alanis said thatthe album could take 7 months or 70 years. But Maverick Records/Reprise Records, Alanis Morissette'srecord company, estimates December 1997/Early next year.
Article provided by: alanismorissette.net
Get the chance to put your lips where Alanis Morrisette has had them! Alanis donated the harmonica she used for her video Head over Feet and the one she carried on the World Tour to the Celebrity AuctiOnline
Expect a BIG announcement from Alanis and Glen Ballard soon. My inside source has not told me what it is yet...but..they told me to keep my eyes and ears open to all news sources for this announcement. Could Alanis be re-entering the studio????
Alanis' world wide tour is finally complete! She is now getting some well deserved rest before heading back into the studio with producer Glenn Ballard once again.
A new home video documenting Alanis' world wide tour is due out in April. It's called "Alanis Morissette Live" and includes personal footage, world wide tour performances as well as music videos.
Alanis received two Grammy nominations! "Ironic" is up for best recordand video of the year.
Alanis Morissette will return to the studio later this year with a new drummer. A spokeswoman for Morissette has confirmed that Taylor Hawkins has left the pop star's band, possibly to become the new drummer for the Foo Fighters. Morissette's publicist, Amanda Cagan, says that the split was amicable and that Morissette is currently writing material for a new album, but has no immediate plans to record. Hawkins didn't play on Morissette's multi-platinum "Jagged Little Pill" and Cagan didn't know if he was expected to play on the next one.